What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

Olivier’s Hamlet. The boy can act. I highly highly recommend if you’re looking for a change of pace.

“Frailty, thy name is woman...” brought a chuckle that didn’t go down too well on the couch.

Love seeing the one-star reviews saying they’ve made Candyman too woke. That’s right, the movie made about systemic racism, sexism, and classism has become too woken by being about racism.
Oh yeah? The only reviews I read are Thumped anyway.

Woke. Would you fuck off. If you're grumpy about people giving out about living on the pointy end of a horrible racist society, maybe you should try to address the horrible racist society. Rather than chuntering around the place grumbling about "woke". Pricks.

I saw that other film The Stranger last night on your recommendation I think too.
I was feeling a tiny bit ropey and I might not have been paying total attention to it throughout, but the way they developed the story was interesting. In the sense that it was edited together in a way that felt like you found out stuff about the film as it went on, rather than had your hand held and the story narrated to you.
It was unsettling. I liked it.

I'm subscribed to your film suggestions now...

Oh yeah? The only reviews I read are Thumped anyway.

Woke. Would you fuck off. If you're grumpy about people giving out about living on the pointy end of a horrible racist society, maybe you should try to address the horrible racist society. Rather than chuntering around the place grumbling about "woke". Pricks.

I saw that other film The Stranger last night on your recommendation I think too.
I was feeling a tiny bit ropey and I might not have been paying total attention to it throughout, but the way they developed the story was interesting. In the sense that it was edited together in a way that felt like you found out stuff about the film as it went on, rather than had your hand held and the story narrated to you.
It was unsettling. I liked it.

I'm subscribed to your film suggestions now...
I’d like to take credit for that but I’ve never heard of The Stranger. Unless you mean that thing where you sit on your hand until it goes numb, and you…

Olivier’s Hamlet. The boy can act. I highly highly recommend if you’re looking for a change of pace.

“Frailty, thy name is woman...” brought a chuckle that didn’t go down too well on the couch.
Right well I found this on teh youtubes.

I'm gonna have a go. On thine head be it, or some other Shakespearian talk.

Went to a screening of the Sinead O'Connor doco last night. Very good stuff.

A few takeaways:
Her fashion is described by some American as being totally ahead of its time and revolutionary etc. I sitting there watching this thinking that her look so familiar and normal for Ireland at the time.

Americans are nuts. She rips up the pope's pic and America goes mad with hate then it cuts to her on the Late Late Show (in "catholic Ireland") and Gaybo's like "ah Sinead, what ja do dat for?"*. Ireland > America.

I forgot how good that second album is. Never really cared for The Lion & The Cobra. Totally forgot about the third album but some of the stuff used in the doc from that sounded great, will investigate.

Pity they ended on that song Thank You. It's fairly rubbish.

Recommended.

* I know the power of editing here.

Passengers. Wow, definitely one of the worsts scripts I've ever come across. Really really poor
The Jennifer Lawrence one? God yeah, so bad. Just hollow, nothing to say, nothing to think. Like the premise of a computer game without the shooting your way out of it bit that makes up 99% of the fun.

we watched Babylon lat night.
was ok. found it very directionless and lacked something. mind you we didnt finish it because we no longer cared about it;
we were 2.5 hrs into it when we paused it for some reason and wondered is this thing nearly over yet.... iTS 3hrs 10 mins LONG!
so we turned it off. meh

Just started watching Mortal Kombat (2021).

I've had to stop because there's work in the morning. I stuck it on there in the background, but two seconds in I went "NOPE, restart, headphones in, volume up, full screen, that spreadsheet will have to wait". I'm about half an hour in and every minute is great. Even the bad CGI actually works for this movie.

Fan service? Sure. But I feel serviced.

In other news, I'm not much further along with Olivier's Hamlet. I repeated the Leaving, so I've done Hamlet twice. The memories flood back. It's still a bit of work though. I will finish it. I love the production of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back