What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Coco. This was great. Totally worth braving a sold out screening on a Sunday afternoon even though I don't have kids.
Yeah I'm curious to see this one. I saw Nightcrawler (Jake Gylenhall) last night. One of the best movies ever made. Absolutely incredible! No idea why he was never mentioned or even nominated for an Oscar. Oscars can suck it anyways. It's more about politics then celebrating art anyways.

The Skeleton Twins. Was enjoying this dark comedy/drama with Kirsten Wiig and Bill Hader until a scene where the two main characters starting mouthing along to the words of Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now out of nowhere, for no particular reason and it just took me out of the movie and really annoyed me. Couldn’t get on with it after that.

watched that Noah Baumbach movie The Meyerowitz Stories the other night. Thought it was pretty boring. Watched off the strength of stumbling upon The Squid And The Whale on RTE Friday night. Hadn't seen that in an age. forgot how much I like it. New one pretty poor in comparison. Jeff Daniels a far superior dickhead father than Hoffman

early 80's british film "babylon". about racism, reggae sound systems, jamaicans in london at that time. great film, especially if you like jamaican music/culture. jah shaka even features

How did the young lad take to it?
His attention waned during some (ok most) of the talky parts but he enjoyed it and hasn't tried to claw anyone to death yet, which I suppose is a positive. I think he'd have liked to have seen some of his Avengers favourites popping up. Spiderman / Civil War / Thor Ragnarok have set expectations.

Veronica - Spanish horror movie on Netflix. Saw a bit of chatter on social media about this so thought it might be good. It’s absolute fucking shite. Every single modern horror cliche dialled up to 11 - nuns, exorcisms, creepy kids, mirrors, jump scares and retro 80s synth music. A big pile of meh.

Young lad is off on a school tour to Poland soon to visit horrible historic places. In prep we watched half of Schindler's List Last night. The second half tonight....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back