What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

I watched some muck over the snow sesh the other week.

John Wick - Not a patch on Payback as a shooting revenge flick.
Ghost in the Shell - very lightweight. Can see how the teenager themes would play out better in an anime. Not objectionable, and Scarlett is nice on screen obviously.
Fury - despised this piece of shit.
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - I am done with these poxy films. They confuse viewer frustration with excitement & tension in their annoying set pieces. I hate what Simon Pegg has become.

More lately
Supersonic - Oasis Doc. As a big fan during Definitely Maybe this was really good.
Rock n Roll Guns for Hire: the Story of the Sideman, on bbc4. Not as interesting as I was expecting it to be, mostly concentrating on Bowie's live guitarist Earl Slick, and the Stones backing vocalist Bernard Fowler.

There was some good insight into Wendy and Lisa from the Revolution. The best parts were about Steve Cropper, a guitarist from Stax records. Out of everyone interviewed he had the biggest career, and smallest ego. I was youtubing loads of old Stax classics, and there he was shredding away in the background.

On further reflection, this was good.

Rock n Roll Guns for Hire: the Story of the Sideman, on bbc4. Not as interesting as I was expecting it to be, mostly concentrating on Bowie's live guitarist Earl Slick, and the Stones backing vocalist Bernard Fowler.

There was some good insight into Wendy and Lisa from the Revolution. The best parts were about Steve Cropper, a guitarist from Stax records. Out of everyone interviewed he had the biggest career, and smallest ego. I was youtubing loads of old Stax classics, and there he was shredding away in the background.

Cropper's work with Otis Redding was terrific, particularly on the first 2 posthumous records that came out, would prefer The Immortal ... over Dock Of The Bay, more of a growl in his guitar there.

John Wick - Not a patch on Payback as a shooting revenge flick.
Ghost in the Shell - very lightweight. Can see how the teenager themes would play out better in an anime. Not objectionable, and Scarlett is nice on screen obviously.
Fury - despised this piece of shit.
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - I am done with these poxy films. They confuse viewer frustration with excitement & tension in their annoying set pieces. I hate what Simon Pegg has become.

More lately
Supersonic - Oasis Doc. As a big fan during Definitely Maybe this was really good.

I liked all those top set of flicks.

Annihilation. Really liked it. Great visuals, some freaky moments and a good dose of gore.

Great.looking forward to it. Just trying to find a window of two hours where I'm not going to fall asleep in the middle of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back