What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Saw Handia ('Giant' in Basque). Nice lowkey, melancholy movie. Set in the 19th century. Sort of like The Elephant Man only a tad subtler in plot and how it tugs at the heart-strings. Beautifully shot. Not a classic but recommended.

What disappointed you about it? I really liked it.
I'm still thinking about it, but it just didn't grab me. I felt there was a good story at the heart of it, thought not at all believable, but they left it out somehow or focused elsewhere. I understand that his character was a kind of "nowhere man" hence the title, but I just didn't care and I found the sudden flashbacks irritating.
I'm a fan of Lynne Ramsey but this just didn't do much for me.
What did you enjoy about it?

Watched Unsane and All The Money in the World this weekend. Unsane is a decent, if somewhat predictable, psycho thriller with an interesting execution - shot entirely on iPhone using only natural light.

ATMITW is big budget, show offy filmmaking, with a-list stars but the end result is dull, unmemorable sludge. Ridley Scott should do us a favour and give the next Alien film to someone with a fresh approach.

Yeah they really didn't make that transition well at all. Not sure it was ever going to work but it was ham-fisted one way or another.
Agreed.. If they wanted to go down that route, all they needed to do was show
a few alien ships hovering off on the horizon and fade to black.., not a full fecking 5 or 10 minutes of ludicrous one-on-one combat

Alone In Berlin - adaption of the novel by Hans Fallada with Emma Thompson and Brendan Gleeson. Plays it safe but pretty solid nonetheless.

The Square. Went to this with the missus because Phoenix was cancelled. She works with lots of social media PR types and I know lots of contemporary art types so we both enjoyed it's relentless pilloring of both.

Agreed.. If they wanted to go down that route, all they needed to do was show
a few alien ships hovering off on the horizon and fade to black.., not a full fecking 5 or 10 minutes of ludicrous one-on-one combat
I watched this over the weekend, and yeah.
How about that petrol bomb?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back