What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

same. When I watched it found myself scanning the background to see what new stuff they left in. They did a reasonably good job. There was some fancy new office block in the background in one scene near the end. That was the only thing I spotted.

When I saw it I was stunned to see that the bass player in the band has a Fender P-bass that is exactly like mine. I mean, exactly and it's a late 70s one that is a bit unusual. I've never seen another one before. It even sounds like it. I had to pause the film halfway through to go up and check in the attic to see if it was still there and I hadn't lent it out and forgotten about it. Good movie.

Happy to report that Trainspotting 2 is a worthy sequel. Loved every minute of it. Great fun spending time with these characters again. Would love to see a third one another 20 years from now when they're proper aul lads.

Split. McAvoy is terrific in it but the M Night twist was very troubling

The main girl was spared because she self-harmes because her uncle abuses/abused her

not cool at all.
Yeah, agreed.

I watched The Host which is a great South Korean horror movie about a giant mutated river monster. So good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just watched the first 40 minutes of Arthropoid and it's very boring. Dunno if I'll bother with the rest.

Watched some more of Anthropoid and it certainly picked up. The assassination part and associated buildup was really good but when that happened one hour in and there was another hour to go I realised that this was when the Gestapo were going to start torturing people. Had to turn it off again ......

The Pyramid on Netflix. Low budget horror in a Pyramid. In Egypt. Absolute garbage. Just what I needed to kill my brain for sleepy time.

Patriot Games. Not sure why. A big change of pace and look to the films of these days and one that the lads got a bit bored with and even mocked. But, when the tension got going it a was pure hands-covering-eyes moment.

Trainspotting 2

Was pretty good.I enjoyed it.

It reminded me of just how fucking far out the original was when it came out .
Also,I dunno,but was there a bit of a cinematic renaissance 20 or so years ago?

I have very fond memories of being a regular cinema buff back then..Resevoir dogs,trainspotting,Starship Troopers ...there was some absolute crackers out around then

I watched a Ken Loach film I had recorded for ages, Sweet Sixteen. It was very Ken Loachy.

Low budget. Scots. Good.

The toilet bowl that is Netflix is bountiful with turds. Last night's excrement was London has Fallen. Brutal, brainless and downright bad. It's full of decent actors that must be going through costly divorces. And Gerard Butler, who's a fuckin travesty. The plot is ludicrous beyond belief. You can't even pick holes in it. It's like arguing with a moron on the internet. The CGI looks like it pushed Windows ME to the max. I thought, I could do with something mindless, this could be amusingly awful. It wasn't. It went so far beyond that. I'm ashamed of myself.

Trainnspotinng 2. great film, if something of a memberberry fest. And, Unlike other sequals, this one is something of a continuation of the first story, rather than a stand alone story.
Yeah saw it on Tuesday. Good fun but harks back to the original a bit too much. The cast see it through, although you'd prefer to have a bit more from the female characters.

Last night Hell or High Water. Not a patch on Sicario but diverting nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back