What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Disorder. French/Belgian thriller. Matthias Schoenaerts plays an ex soldier hired to protect the wife and child of a wealthy businessman while he's out of town. Naturally some bad shit goes down. I really liked it - really tense and Schoenaerts is a very convincing tough guy. Diane Kruger is impressive too.

Maryland (2015) - IMDb

Sing street.
It was pretty much an ultra saccharine version of the commitments, even had a youths on the dart scene, but it was highly endearing and fun.

Hunt for the wildebeast
This was just great. The kid is a total scene stealer and Sam neill was a cantankerous hero!

Thumbs up for Rogue One!

Only major problems for me were
forest whitaker, but at least he died early, and the Cushing & Carrie CGI. (Just use another actor guys, it's okay)
Also, Vader looked and sounded a bit off, until he got to the killing at the end, which was awesome.

Big robot dude was great.

Also finished Metropolis yesterday, which took a couple of goes. Glad to get it ticked off the list. Was an interesting watch, some of the scenes with hundreds of actors crammed into tight spaces gave me cause for concern. Main actress was getting dragged about by her hair a bit much too.

And we watched The Man Who Fell To Earth over christmas. First time. Long, slow, 70s weirdness. I liked it, certainly has more interest because of the Bowie connection and knowing (or thinking we know) what state he was in at the time. Station to Station might be my favourite album. I probably wasn't prepared for seeing
the Bowie Balls, or Rip Torn's old lad
but hey.

The Calling. Also on the Netflix. Ellen Burstyn, Susan Saradon, Don Sutherland. Smalltown cops solving a murder on a budget. You'd expect better, frankly. Wasn't bad. Passed the time. Just couldn't seem to make up its mind about what kinda film it was.

Crimson Peak. Second viewing. It's not in the least bit scary but it's wonderful to look at.

Dog Eat Dog. Crime comedy from Paul Schrader. Violent, mysoginistic, cliched trash. Deliberately offensive, tacky and crude. If this had come out 10 years ago it would be called dated - there's stuff lifted from Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers et al. In its favour Willem Dafoe hasn't been this sleazily enjoyable since Wild at Heart.

Hunt For The Wilderpeople.

Great stuff. A smart fun movie that both adults and kids can enjoy. That's something of a rarity at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back