What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Saw this in the cinema on Saturday night. Forgot that Saturday nights in Blanchardstown involves large groups of dickhead children talking and laughing throughout the film. But repeated threats from security got them to shut up after a while.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The kids in this film were equally unlikeable and I wasn't sad to see them get picked off one by one. It's a clever use of contemporary technology and looks like it might have cost about a hundred euros to make. I enjoyed it.

I also finally saw The Conjuring. It was ok, but I'd expected so much more. I'd heard there was a twist ending and spent the whole film expecting some revelation that never happened. I'll have to watch it again knowing it's been played straight.

Do you like watching a blur and hearing explosions? Maybe you'll like it. The bad guy was watchable, a robot with 'tude. Actually no, the more I remember it the worse it is. Like, Transformers 2 level bad.
I do like that. I also really enjoyed the first one and generally enjoy all the Marvel movies.

This was bad.
Ah the bit where he gets his daughter to drop the grenades off the rooftops to triangulate his position is brilliant. No regard for anyone down below, just drop the grenades.

Saw Avengers in the BFI Imax on Sunday night. Really enjoyed it. Spader is great as Ultron, it's really entertaining, I'm not hugely invested in the Marvel films but it was fun.

I really want to go see The Falling. Looks like it's on in the IFI so I might check it out this week. Looks like it has a nice Folk horror feel to it.

I really want to go see The Falling. Looks like it's on in the IFI so I might check it out this week. Looks like it has a nice Folk horror feel to it.

I heard it’s awful.

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - this was good enough to make me want to see the next one anyway.

Frozen - does this have anything going for it apart from the song? It just bored me and I didn't laugh once. Fuck that snowman too.

Super 8 (2011)
I fell asleep about half way through. What I did see I found enjoyable. Thing is drenched in '70s/'80s film nostalgia. The young cast are mostly excellent. I look forward to viewing the rest of it tonight.

images

images

Left_Behind_-_Teaser_Poster.jpg

images

Good/Good laugh/Worse than my rock bottom expectations/one of the best movies I've seen in a long time and I'll be straight to the horn thread with the leading lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back