What movie did you watch last night? (35 Viewers)

As it happened, it wasn't too late to get through the first half (I have a dvd which splits it into two episodes, as shown on tv). Really atmospheric, there's something I love about decor of films the mid 70s and David Soul has a strong denim look. Hard to turn off even though I started watching so late and it still has some real creepy moments.

Prior to that I watched an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker. I've loved this show since a re-run on BBC back when I was a teenager. Watched the Ripper episode.

I loved Berberian Sound Studio!

Did you see Duke of Burgundy in the cinema? I think it's still on in the Curzon Bloomsbury. I think his films work best on the big screen
didn't like berberian sound studio at all

no, i watched it at home. i was thinking to myself that it probably would have benefited from being seen on the big screen. beautiful cinematography and sound design.

From_dusk_till_dawn_poster.jpg

Just watched this. Thought it was grand. Better than Berberian Sound Studio which was shite

I loved Berberian Sound Studio!

I didn't like it either, and I'd been so excited for it because it sounded perfect and I love Toby Jones. The first half was so good and then it became so, so awful so fast. The sound design was incredible, it looked incredible, but it just didn't work as a movie

I didn't like it either, and I'd been so excited for it because it sounded perfect and I love Toby Jones. The first half was so good and then it became so, so awful so fast. The sound design was incredible, it looked incredible, but it just didn't work as a movie
There was a great 20 – 25 minute short film in there, painfully stretched out to feature length.

I really liked how it unravelled into madness towards the end but maybe I was blinded by my obsession with sound design and BBC Radiophonic Workshop type stuff.

I really liked how it unravelled into madness towards the end but maybe I was blinded by my obsession with sound design and BBC Radiophonic Workshop type stuff.

Yeah all that stuff was exactly why I watched it and on that level it didn't disappoint me. But just as a movie... I dunno. Kermode agrees with you though so I'm mostdef wrong.

Yeah all that stuff was exactly why I watched it and on that level it didn't disappoint me. But just as a movie... I dunno. Kermode agrees with you though so I'm mostdef wrong.

Didn't he say part of the reason he liked it was because the finale resembles the madness that Italian horror films usually resolved into? That's what I liked about it, you know, like the way a lot of Argento or Fulci films usually take an inexplicably bizarre turn towards the end. I dunno though, I wouldn't hold my opinion very highly, I have a lot of love for some seriously bad films and Kermode was really into Transcendence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back