What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

Still Mine.. superbly acted true story from Canada about an elderly farmer who battles a planning bureaucrat for the right to build a new home for his ailing wife.

Last edited:
God Loves Uganda - excellent documentary about American Evangelicals and their affect on Uganda's Christian population. This has fueled a return to biblical laws including an anti homosexual bill that passed in Uganda's parliament. Sad but essential viewing.

The Selfish Giant - grim but beautiful tale telling the story of two young misfits who collect scrap metal for an unscrupulous owner of local scrap-metal yard and recycling plant. The movie owes a debt to Mike Leigh and Ken Loach which is no bad thing in my book.

Has anyone seen Enemy yet? I've made several attempts to watch it but haven't gotten further than 30 minutes in. It looks very stylish but I'm finding it sterile, dull and underplayed by the cast. A friend, who's opinion i rate highly, keeps raving about it but I'm wondering if it's worth investing my time...
Enemy_poster.jpg

This was actually really good.

I hadn't seen this in years, still love it. Funny , clever, gory and camp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

with a surprisingly great soundtrack

Johnnystress- very good soundtrack indeed, thanks for posting. Loved that movie when I was a kid. Here is another great soundtrack from a classic horror movie.

The Selfish Giant - grim but beautiful tale telling the story of two young misfits who collect scrap metal for an unscrupulous owner of local scrap-metal yard and recycling plant. The movie owes a debt to Mike Leigh and Ken Loach which is no bad thing in my book.
Brilliant film, can't recommend enough. You might enjoy this one:

Not Quite Hollywood was great...I love Oz exploitation stuff.

I had the pleasure of getting to see Brian Trenchard-Smith's Turkey Shoot back in the early 80's in that cinema that used to be on Eden Quay (the Odeon?). There was like 2 other people there.

Out of 90% boredom and 10% curiosity I rewatched X-Men First Class.

No idea still why people rate it so highly.

Then again I really enjoyed the last Wolverine movie which was pretty mildly received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back