What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

Frank
frank-maggie-gyllenhaal-michael-fassbender-domhnall-gleeson-slice.jpg

Really liked it and considering I was expecting to like it that's good going.

I have the day off today. Do I go and see Godzilla or X-Men? I've only seen the first two X-Men films. I thought they were ok.

They are both serviceable.

It might come down to whether you like time-travel or cities being destroyed.

I probably enjoyed X-Men more. Godzilla is a bit joyless.

I watched X Men. I thought it was pretty good although I'm sure a lot of it went over my head because I haven't followed the series. It was enjoyable. Fassbender and Jackman make most of the younger cast look like weedy little nerds playing dress up. Jennifer Lawrence wasn't given enough to do.

Grand Budapest Hotel - saw this for the second time so a friend could see it.. I really like it, and Wes Anderson is hit and miss for me normally. It has a heart, which is a problem with some of his stuff, and the 1930s setting works well with his style. Ralph Fiennes is perfect in that role too, great comic timing.

Grand Budapest Hotel - saw this for the second time so a friend could see it.. I really like it, and Wes Anderson is hit and miss for me normally. It has a heart, which is a problem with some of his stuff, and the 1930s setting works well with his style. Ralph Fiennes is perfect in that role too, great comic timing.
I really liked it but I think one viewing is enough for me. Reckon its charm would start to wear off on me upon repeat viewings.

I really liked it but I think one viewing is enough for me. Reckon its charm would start to wear off on me upon repeat viewings.
I thought that might happen but I ended up spending a fair amount of the second viewing zoning in on the incredible amount of background detail in each scene, and nuances in the rapid-fire Fiennes monologues that I'd missed the first time around. Might be better to revisit it after a couple of years as opposed to a couple of months though.

Edge of Tomorrow. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was more exciting, smarter and funnier than that bloated mess Pacific Rim. Tom Cruise is on fine comic form and Emily Blunt holds up her end too. Good support from Brendan Gleeson, Bill Paxton and the always wonderful Noah Taylor.
Edge-of-Tomorrow-Poster-Crop.jpg

One thing which puzzled me about Edge of Tomorrow

Why was Brendan Gleeson was so set on sending Tom Cruise into battle? It seemed to suggest that he was willingly sending a man with no combat training to his death just because he was a bit of a prick. A little harsh, douche or not.

Maleficent- Was okay. Looked amazing

If you like Goth S&M sex kitten dominatrices then you should check this out

and the kids will love it

nlgbbbblth - What the sexploitation filsm like on that set? I am generally not a fan of the genre but i do enjoy the Brit entries (nudge nudge) from the 70's (like the Confessions/Adventures films), are they similar to those.

Night of Fear is pretty brutal considering it was meant to be a TV pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back