What movie did you watch last night? (25 Viewers)

American Hustle

Not sure about this at all. The plot was far more complicated in my head about half way through than it eventually turned out to be.

Out of The Furnace.
A relentlessly grim crime drama set in a depressed steel mill town. This got really mixed reviews in the US but I enjoyed it. Great cast.
Out-of-the-Furnace-Movie.jpg

CBGB.
Dreadful tripe. No surprises there. Woefully scripted, acted and directed. Full of caricatures. Lowlights include the drummer from Foo Fighters as Iggy Pop, a weirdly chubby Lou Reed and Rupert Grint gurning away in a dog collar as Cheetah Chrome.
cbgb%20(1).jpg

12 Years A Slave. Excellent. Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender are bloody brilliant in this. Props to Brad Pitt, who produced the movie, for giving himself the most symathetic white role in the film.

Have you seen the posters for that movie that were used by the Italian distributor?

12-years-a-slave-white-black-620x4001-620x400.png

Go see American Hustle too!

I'm seeing it tonight. Didn't like silver linings playbooks but I enjoyed the dude's other movies.

B00007KFQ8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pretty incoherent mess about a young couple moving to a town of devil worshipers. Not even tons of nudity and Orson Welles can save this one. Look exactly like a TV movie with a bit of flesh thrown in. Directed by MR B.I.G of Food of the Gods fame.

American Hustle. Quite good but I had a few issues with it.

Felt like the director wanted it to be longer but in the end left loads on the cutting room floor.

There was a section of Louis CK's ice fishing story that was referenced but never told on screen, obvious that something had been chopped out.

Also found it odd seeing Bale doing De Niro, it was bad enough throughout but then De Niro actually shows up in a small role.

I don't think we were meant to hear the whole story

Oh I know, not the end anyway. But it was being told in dribs and drabs and at one point Bradley Cooper mentioned a part of it to Louis CK that hadn't been told on screen. About his dad charging out to them to get to his brother.

Should have said, Amy Adams was fucking fantastic in this.

American Hustle.

Also found it odd seeing Bale doing De Niro, it was bad enough throughout but then De Niro actually shows up in a small role.

I thought Bale was really great. His most likeable performance to date, for me.

And while I also understand all the recent lukewarm responses to the movie - Donald Clarke, @pete etc, I still thought it was highly entertaining.

The Frozen Ground. Decent police procedural thriller based on a real life serial killer in Alaska. Made the mistake of watching this with my parents. It features a fair whack of nudity and sex talk : (
the-frozen-ground.jpg
[/quot
Cusack is a sh1t actor as well

before midnight

brilliant. watched the other two (reluctantly) over xmas. wasn't too impressed at all. watched this for the purpose of closure or plain curiosity. this was by far the best

Jeysus though,
That woman is a fucking headwreck.
It's a character that's 50% Bruce Willis girlfriend in Pulp Fiction and 50% Jane's twitter feed.

Dallas Buyer's Club - Another winner for Matthew McConaughey. He's the best thing about this by far.

Blue Caprice - Really impressive debut. Very disturbing. Isaiah Washington is as good in this as any other lead actor in 2013. I doubt he'll get an oscar nod though because it's not as showy a performance as some others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back