What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

First movie of the year - American Hustle

Great craic. Very Martin Scorsese, but very well done all the same. Great performances with a career best from Christian Bale.

american_hustle_itunes_rgb-1024x1024.jpg

I loved Amy Adams in this. And Jennifer Lawrence too.

47 Ronin.
Mostly very very good, tells its story patiently and with care.
The 12A rating was a but odd - it looked to me like all of the suicide scenes had been cut after the fact to get a 12A, and that originally they had intended to be a bit harder, which would suit the overall tone of the thing a bit better.
no cop out at the end, thankfully

The biggest problem with 47 Ronin is that this film was made a couple of years back and is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy betterhttp://13 Assassins (2011) - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

inside llewyn davis. meh. sub-par for the cohn bros imo. i found it boring. the song segments really didn't do it for me at all - didn't like the music. i couldn't get into the character. some good bits, but overall the thing just meandered along and then fizzled out.

wish i'd gone to see american hustle instead.

inside llewyn davis. meh. sub-par for the cohn bros imo. i found it boring. the song segments really didn't do it for me at all - didn't like the music. i couldn't get into the character. some good bits, but overall the thing just meandered along and then fizzled out.

wish i'd gone to see american hustle instead.

Go see American Hustle too!

12 Years A Slave. Excellent. Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender are bloody brilliant in this. Props to Brad Pitt, who produced the movie, for giving himself the most symathetic white role in the film.

There's a joke to be made about the Jolie-Pitts and snatching little kids out of Africa that I'm not crass enough to make.
No double it'll be on South Park ... and funnier than anything I could come up with.

American Hustle. I liked it but it just felt like a bunch of Hollywood mates playing dress up. Oceans 11 with indie credibility.
The plot was a mess. Christian Bale's hammiest performance in a while too. Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Piven were all great. I just can't warm to Bradley Cooper, though. I know he has talent but I find his performances too mannered, like he's been studying Al Pacino movies from the 70s and trying to replicate that intensity.

Dicky Eklund was in my local in Cambridge this year with one of his sisters. They are just as advertised.

The docu from the movie, "Lost Lives in Lowell", is on the internet somewhere if you google it. It's well worth a watch for anyone intrigued enough by The Fighter (or just bored and who likes drug docus).

Last edited:
The docu from the movie, "Lost Lives in Lowell", is on the internet somewhere if you google it. It's well worth a watch for anyone intrigued enough by The Fighter (or just bored and who likes drug docus).

I saw it when I first moved here.
Took me almost 20 years to visit Lowell. Actually a gorgeous town now.

Is Dick off the crack? I hope so. He's a decent sort.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hard to tell. He's animated as fuck though. Christian Bale really nailed it.

before midnight

brilliant. watched the other two (reluctantly) over xmas. wasn't too impressed at all. watched this for the purpose of closure or plain curiosity. this was by far the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back