What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Philip Kaufman's 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. A creepy, paranoid, yuck fest. The cast are all spot on. Great stuff.
Invasion_of_the_body_snatchers_movie_poster_1978.jpg

The US TVMs continue.

Haunts Of The Very Rich (1972)

A group of people, all of whom, we can only assume, are very rich, are on a plane flying to an island resort. When they land, they are greeted by a mysterious black man (Seacrist), and the plot thickens. Ellen Blunt gets a makeover from a mysterious black woman (all the mysterious characters in this film are either black or "native") in a scene laden with homo-erotic undertones, and Dave Woodrough falls in love with her. We come to find out that John Fellows is a minister tormented by his own conflicted spirituality; Annette Larrier is an unhappy housewife strung out on prescription uppers and downers; and Al Hunsicker has a very, very hairy back. We also come to find out that just before setting off on their journey, each of the "guests" had narrowly escaped death -- or had they?

Lloyd Bridges, Cloris Leachman, Robert Reed and Ed Asner.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rocky_poster.jpg

Love the first 2 movies in this series like crazy.
I ran the Art Museum steps like every other tourist loser.
They have a statue to him in Philly. A fictional person.
The city had an actual great champion in Joe Frazier, but he's black, so you know, fuck him and let's not deal with it. Let's build a statue to a 5'6" imaginary Italian.

I think it's perfectly fine to erect statues to great icons, whatever their origin.
The Philly situation is, for me, more like if we had an actual historical figure like Cuchallain but we chose to go with a statue for the fictional guy because the real guy was a traveler.

I'm available for dinner parties.

I ran the Art Museum steps like every other tourist loser.

Doing that is about the only reason I want to go to Philly.

They have a statue to him in Philly. A fictional person.
The city had an actual great champion in Joe Frazier, but he's black, so you know, fuck him and let's not deal with it. Let's build a statue to a 5'6" imaginary Italian.

There was no real Molly Malone.

The impression I get is that the city (or at least the council) don't much care for the statue. When it was erected for the movie (I think it was Rocky 3) the producers just left it behind. They've shunted it around the city a few times. It's just a tourist attraction now.

There's a terrific documentary about the third Ali-Frazier fight in Manilla I saw a few years ago. Joe didn't come out of it looking too good, a bitter man but perhaps with some justification.

Doing that is about the only reason I want to go to Philly.

There was no real Molly Malone.

The impression I get is that the city (or at least the council) don't much care for the statue. When it was erected for the movie (I think it was Rocky 3) the producers just left it behind. They've shunted it around the city a few times. It's just a tourist attraction now.

There's a terrific documentary about the third Ali-Frazier fight in Manilla I saw a few years ago. Joe didn't come out of it looking too good, a bitter man but perhaps with some justification.
Ali's worst hour.

A proud black man talking about another black man like that. I know you gotta sell tickets, but fucking Jesus.

And I love Ali.

Phobia, featuring the young Sigmund Freud. Is there a vampire about? Sometimes a stake is just a piece of wood. Good for the first hour, then tails off a bit.

Phobia-569436.JPEG

Phobia
Type: Movie
Genre: Horror
Release year: 2013

http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http://www.vidics.ch/Film/Phobia_(2013)&t=Phobia
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2075280/

Tags: Phobia, 2013, Horror
Cast & Crew Presley Money, Ambre Low, Joey Folsom
link_icon.jpg
Link Phobia:
2 People favor this..
Description: In 1885, a female doctor helping a group of people with their phobias becomes embroiled in a murder mystery surrounding a patient that may or may not be a vampire.
http://www.vidics.ch/Film/Phobia_(2013)

Gravity.

Stunning FX, and incredible in parts. I would have liked it a lot more if they kept it simpler, less Hollywood cop-outs ('I hate space') and lots more silence and floating, but I can see why it's a massive blockbuster.

Pacific Rim ..Giant robots Vs monsters..I unplugged my brain and had an enjoyable 2 hours.
7.3 on IMDB..I'd call it more 6.4.
Interested to see it was directed by that Del Toro chap.Did'nt think that was his style.

The Internship...brainless but not altogether heartless Google advertisement/bromance.

IMDB says 6.3 ..I say ..5

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back