What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

300px-New-police-story.jpg

Not as good as old Police Story (not that the actual story part of that was up to much, but they could hardly call it Police Action Sequences With Some Silliness In Between), there's less silly comedy and more Jackie Chan trying to be serious. There's still some good fighting and stuntwork and product placement for Lego.

actually the the paul giamatti / z guyeezz stuff ("two E’s, two Z’s and double the flava") was pretty funny. tom cruise and his monkey is also good. oh, and kevin nash is in it as his bodyguard.

Didn't catch any movies this weekend but just want to congratulate washingcattle on his description of Cosmopolis - comparing it to the new Abercrombie and Fitch poster campaign "A vapid, irrelevant, tedious entity made vulgar and spectacular by its monstrous proportions." Very Larkinesque

Megan Fox's favourite film apparently. It's pretty bad.

Teenage+Mutant+Ninja+Turtles+(1990)a.jpg

Not as good as I remember. The first half is pretty shit. Gets better once The Feelies and Ray Liotta show.

215px-SomethingWildPoster.jpg

Best film of the night by a long way.
Martinfilmposter.jpg

I think I enjoyed the muppet movie a bit too much.
I want a house robot to serve me tab.

Try this one.

Japan unveils 'personal assistant' robots
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0729/breaking26.html
Thu, Jul 29, 2010

Robots that can chat, find misplaced glasses, draw aeroplanes and play with your children are attracting thousands of visitors during an expo in Tokyo as Japan adapts to changes in society.

Robots, such as the sound-sensitive Chapit, answer simple questions and even joke with people to help the solitary fight loneliness and stay alert in old age.

"Many older people in Japan live alone and have no one to talk to," said Kazuya Kitamura, a representative of the ROBOTECH expo organiser. "Communication robots accompany people and don't mind listening to the same stories over and over again."

While Chapit, a relatively simple robot, managed to attract a corporate partner, many researchers, such as Kiyoshi Matsumoto, a professor at the University of Tokyo, struggle to attract sponsors for more expensive projects.

Mr Matsumoto's Personal Mobility Robot, equipped with four cameras and a sensor to recognise the user's centre of gravity, is designed to help elderly move around without pressing buttons, using joysticks or rotating wheels as in traditional wheelchairs.

The robot can also help find misplaced spectacles by identifying them with a sensor.

"We have developed a robot that can assist many people, but because of the high cost, we still haven't found a sponsor," said Mr Matsumoto, who added that the cost of the machine, if mass-produced, would be comparable to that of a compact car.

"In the current economic environment there are few companies willing to invest in such a costly project," he said.

Other robots, such as the award-winning DiGRO can support busy parents who have little time to play with their children.

The robot can use the Internet to find a simple image and then draw pictures, keeping children company while parents work.

Japan has one of the world's fastest-ageing societies and the government predicts that by 2050 the proportion of people over 65 will reach 4 0 per cent.

Reuters

300px-New-police-story.jpg

Not as good as old Police Story (not that the actual story part of that was up to much, but they could hardly call it Police Action Sequences With Some Silliness In Between), there's less silly comedy and more Jackie Chan trying to be serious. There's still some good fighting and stuntwork and product placement for Lego.

Does Jackie-Chan sing over the credits at the end?

l_1592525_2c034a1c.jpg

Lockout
Luc Besson presents....... you know the drill. Sci-fi action bollox in which the presidents daughter is aboard a space prison shit goes to hell in a hand basket and only one man is capable of saving her. It's pretty terrible or at least it would be if Guy Pearce wasn't in it. He seems to be playing a cross between Nick Cave and Duke Nukem here and is having good craic so you can go along with it also the bad guys are crazy murdering rapist Glaswegians like a pair of Begbys in space which doesn't make a lick of sense but makes for a few giggles along the way. Is there anything more threatening than a pissed of scot ?

Also
devil_tn.jpg

The Devil Wears Prada
It was the only thing on telly while I was having dinner. So I warched most of it. The footballs over alright, leave me alone.

Anyway it's one of those American comic dramas which you know the whole story in the first two minutes, you could write this in your sleep. Girl gets job, girl has boss from hell, girls relationship with hunky boyfriend goes down the pan yadda yadda. It drops the ball all over the place the young couple complain about how they're not making enough money yet seem to be living in a spacious flat with a seperate kitchen and living room in Manhattan. I don't know much about real estate in NYC but I'm fairly sure they should only be able to afford a tiny place with a kitchenette no ? and there are lots of gags about how ugly and fat Anne Hathaway is

anne-hathaway-bikini-pose-2b6b5.jpg

Yeah what a horse. Everyone is too good looking her boyfriend is played by yer man from Entourage, I mean they're hardly Kathy Bates and Phil Neville. The only reason it was bearable was Meryl Streep is pretty great as the callous boss, managing to make a 1 dimensional villian seem human is no easy feat. Hathaway is all smiles and charm and it was inoffensive enough. I finished my dinner before the end and turned it off
but unless the twist is that Streep turns out to be satan and begins to feast on the flesh of the living I'm pretty sure I know how it ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back