What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

strange_powers.jpg

The poster pretty much explains it. It's very good, very funny, I was chuckling the whole way through.

Also
The Devil Wears Prada
It was the only thing on telly while I was having dinner. So I warched most of it. The footballs over alright, leave me alone.

Anyway it's one of those American comic dramas which you know the whole story in the first two minutes, you could write this in your sleep. Girl gets job, girl has boss from hell, girls relationship with hunky boyfriend goes down the pan yadda yadda. It drops the ball all over the place the young couple complain about how they're not making enough money yet seem to be living in a spacious flat with a seperate kitchen and living room in Manhattan. I don't know much about real estate in NYC but I'm fairly sure they should only be able to afford a tiny place with a kitchenette no ? and there are lots of gags about how ugly and fat Anne Hathaway is

Yeah what a horse. Everyone is too good looking her boyfriend is played by yer man from Entourage, I mean they're hardly Kathy Bates and Phil Neville. The only reason it was bearable was Meryl Streep is pretty great as the callous boss, managing to make a 1 dimensional villian seem human is no easy feat. Hathaway is all smiles and charm and it was inoffensive enough. I finished my dinner before the end and turned it off
but unless the twist is that Streep turns out to be satan and begins to feast on the flesh of the living I'm pretty sure I know how it ends.

ha, great write up. this film seems to be on film 4 every other week. i dunno how many times ive seen it now, but if my wife gets a sniff of it being on we end up watching it.

on the plus side, it has ann hataway.

i wish channel 4 would stop being shite & would start having late night jackie chan/godzilla marathons like it used to. i might have to buy the original police story now. the tune at the end of it that jackie sings is class.

Ah, it's a pretty great film.

It's got Stanley Tucci in it. I'd watch him in anything.
Emily Blunt is great in it too.

"Hire the smart, fat girl" always gives me a laugh.

i wish channel 4 would stop being shite & would start having late night jackie chan/godzilla marathons like it used to. i might have to buy the original police story now. the tune at the end of it that jackie sings is class.

I saw sooooo many great films because of those channel 4 seasons. That's what late night TV is for like, what the fuck. Right now I have Fletch on TV3 - score.

I'm gonna have to watch Police Story tomorrow now - I forgot how fucking amazing it is. Also, guitar solo!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

powerkids.jpg

FORCE OF FIVE aka POWER KIDS. A bunch of Thai kids bust into a hospital that Johnny Tri Nguyen and his terrorist cronies have taken over. There's some pretty hardcore shit in this for a kids film, dudes getting knees and elbows in the head and set on fire and then getting kneed in the head or getting kneed in the head and then going through glass or getting kicked in the head and then getting whacked with a florescent light tube. Basically a lot of knees hitting a lot of heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back