What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

this weekend i watched

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
50/50
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Fright Night (2011)
The Color Of Money
The Sitter
Edmond
Moneyball
Young Adult
Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom
Threads

The whole thing had become conflated in my mind now with the Dominik Strauss Kahn scandal and every time a read a newspaper report I picture him smearing sweat from his hairy pot belly all over the girl from Lemony Snickett's back.

Just back from The Cabin In The Woods. It's bloody great. Best to see this one knowing as little as possible beforehand. Avoid all trailers and reviews

Sadly, I heard a review snippet on Phantom. I hate when they do that to promote their movie review show. I saw your post about Sleep Away Camp too, it's a classic. I saw that movie when I was about 7 or 8. Re-watched it recently because I went on and on about how great it was and couldn't stop laughing. Obviously didn't 'get' some of it (for example the cook) when I was younger. Bruce Springsteen's sister is in the third one, if I remember correctly. I grew up watching horror movies, loved them all.

Just saw The Cabin in the woods, wasn't first choice admittedly (got in to late for Headhunters) But it was bloody brilliant, last thirty/ forty minuets or so were awesome. 8.5/10

Cries and Whispers
images

And Battle Royale

The former is a weird and frightening Bergman tale of 3 sisters and their housekeeper. Really good, not quite up there in the pantheon with Wild Strawberries or Fanny and Alexander, but excellent nonetheless.

I had somehow managed to never see the latter. Didn't really live up to the hype for me. I didn't mind that it was completely implausible, I was expecting that, but didn't foresee a plot quite so confused or corned-up.

Headhunters, great. A greedy (is there any other type?) farmer gets killed in it. Great fight scenes, car chases, tractor chases etc.

headhunters_0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back