What movie did you watch last night? (24 Viewers)

X-Men First Class: It's very good. I was indulging Fassbender's wild changes in accent, thinking maybe it was deliberate, but when he goes Irish it's very strange.

X-Men First Class: It's very good. I was indulging Fassbender's wild changes in accent, thinking maybe it was deliberate, but when he goes Irish it's very strange.

Can't wait to see it..I can see Fassbender being a future James Bond.

Hanna:

hannah-movie-poster-550x815.jpg

All right.
Sometimes felt like the video for a shit Chemical Brothers song but mostly enjoyable enough.

Get Him To The Greek:

Get_Him_to_the_Greek_9.jpg

A bit more enjoyable than I expected it to be.
Basically Russell Brand is the same character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall with some added sadness.

Hanna:
All right.
Sometimes felt like the video for a shit Chemical Brothers song but mostly enjoyable enough.

Didn't think much of it at all myself

One odd bit was
at the end when Cate Blanchet's character was chasing Hanna, she looks out the window and sees Hanna running away a good bit ahead of her then it cuts to Hanna still running along the tracks towards a tunnel that Cate Blanchet walks out of ?!?!??

It was like that bit in The Simpsons when Bart and Lisa jump into laundry chute to escape Mr Burns and then when they land he's standing there in front of them again.

Speaking of the fass, I watched this

0021pa86

Usual type of animal movie, but it was too much for my ovaries to handle. FASSBENDER, I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU!

Didn't think much of it at all myself

One odd bit was
at the end when Cate Blanchet's character was chasing Hanna, she looks out the window and sees Hanna running away a good bit ahead of her then it cuts to Hanna still running along the tracks towards a tunnel that Cate Blanchet walks out of ?!?!??

It was like that bit in The Simpsons when Bart and Lisa jump into laundry chute to escape Mr Burns and then when they land he's standing there in front of them again.

Yeah I thought "did I miss a bit there"

I thought the whole thing was a mess.
Like seriously, one minute she's getting chased by bad guys in Southern Spain that have tracked her from Morocco or something, and the next fucking scene she's in Berlin. Like the bad guys lost all their tracking skills as soon as they crossed from Africa to Europe.

The first 30 minutes or so of the film were really cool, but by the end it just deteriorated into nonsense.

meh. really dull. clooney looked constipated throughout. the only redeeming feature was the massive hornage from the two women.

The-American-clooney.jpg

am-a-zing. one of my favourite films of the last 10 years. korean cinema is knocking everyone else out of the water these days

bittersweet_life.jpg

meh. really dull. clooney looked constipated throughout. the only redeeming feature was the massive hornage from the two women.

Roger Ebert said that this film hangs on the two women calling him the same name and that that change your whole idea of the film when you realise it....
Except
I remember the prostitute calls him Mr. Butterfly because of his tattoo and the girl from In Bruge calls him Mr. Butterfly because of the conversation by the river.
So
I don't see Ebert's point - unless he was referring to something else.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly for the millionth time tonight on the Irish channel.

Eli Herschel Wallach running through a cemetery....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One of the greatest cinema scenes of all time

Possibly only bettered by the scene that comes directly after it!

Tell No One
tell_no_one.jpg
Very good French thriller which features some excellent performances and interesting charachters. In particular there's a middle section which involves a dedicated father / complete thug named Bruno who could have had his own movie made about him alone. As with most thrillers of this sort, as you figure out what's going on it loses a little something so the start when you have no idea what is going on is the best part even though one charachter turns up and basically goes "this is all the mysterious bits"
and the third act is a little bit to "well here's what happened" as one charachter basically fills in all the blanks
and the "bad guys" seem to have wandered off from a Jason Stateham film. Still these are minor gripes as the rest of the film plays out at a fair auld pace with one brilliant set piece which could have been comedic if it wasn't so well filmed and dare I say almost restrained. It shifts gears nicely without losing sight of the fact that this is charachter driven, everyone is given a little room to make their charachter seem real and therefore you can forgive the films flaws a little as some of the plot mechanics become a little obvious. Very good and if you liked The secrets in Their Eyes you'll probably love this. Not as good as the cover makes out. But when are non pixar films ever as good as the cover makes out?

A70-13993

EMPEROR OF THE NORTH (POLE). A Robert Aldrich film. Ernest Borgnine is a hammer-wielding railwayman who won't stand for any hoboes riding on his train for free. Lee Marvin is a hobo who is going to ride on Ernest Borgnine's train.

Tell No One
View attachment 7002
Very good French thriller which features some excellent performances and interesting charachters. In particular there's a middle section which involves a dedicated father / complete thug named Bruno who could have had his own movie made about him alone. As with most thrillers of this sort, as you figure out what's going on it loses a little something so the start when you have no idea what is going on is the best part even though one charachter turns up and basically goes "this is all the mysterious bits"
and the third act is a little bit to "well here's what happened" as one charachter basically fills in all the blanks
and the "bad guys" seem to have wandered off from a Jason Stateham film. Still these are minor gripes as the rest of the film plays out at a fair auld pace with one brilliant set piece which could have been comedic if it wasn't so well filmed and dare I say almost restrained. It shifts gears nicely without losing sight of the fact that this is charachter driven, everyone is given a little room to make their charachter seem real and therefore you can forgive the films flaws a little as some of the plot mechanics become a little obvious. Very good and if you liked The secrets in Their Eyes you'll probably love this. Not as good as the cover makes out. But when are non pixar films ever as good as the cover makes out?

Both this and Emperor of the North sound fucking awesome. Where can I watch them in the cinema?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back