What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Tell No One
View attachment 7002
Very good French thriller which features some excellent performances and interesting charachters. In particular there's a middle section which involves a dedicated father / complete thug named Bruno who could have had his own movie made about him alone. As with most thrillers of this sort, as you figure out what's going on it loses a little something so the start when you have no idea what is going on is the best part even though one charachter turns up and basically goes "this is all the mysterious bits"
and the third act is a little bit to "well here's what happened" as one charachter basically fills in all the blanks
and the "bad guys" seem to have wandered off from a Jason Stateham film. Still these are minor gripes as the rest of the film plays out at a fair auld pace with one brilliant set piece which could have been comedic if it wasn't so well filmed and dare I say almost restrained. It shifts gears nicely without losing sight of the fact that this is charachter driven, everyone is given a little room to make their charachter seem real and therefore you can forgive the films flaws a little as some of the plot mechanics become a little obvious. Very good and if you liked The secrets in Their Eyes you'll probably love this. Not as good as the cover makes out. But when are non pixar films ever as good as the cover makes out?

That movie was Michael Caine's favorite movie for that year and I have always wanted to see it but kept forgetting about it. I will rent that out this week - sounds great. Speaking of French films - have you seen this one? Masterpiece.

[video=youtube_share;oKxFbtLBuLg]http://youtu.be/oKxFbtLBuLg[/video]

I haven't actually watched it yet but have this lined up to watch, if not tonight then during the week -

sucker-punch-20101105-114157.jpg

double bill of 80s vampire films tonight

the first 2/3 are great, it gets a bit boring towards the end. looks amazing though

near-dark-1987-horror-movie-review-21294488.jpg

this was a lot of fun. sharp script and a game cast. the colin farrell remake looks terrible
frightnight.jpg

Yeah Vinnie Jones' accent, character makes no sense in that film.

Last night I watched Garage. I think if I lived in that town I'd have drowned myself at the start of the film.

That movie was Michael Caine's favorite movie for that year and I have always wanted to see it but kept forgetting about it. I will rent that out this week - sounds great. Speaking of French films - have you seen this one? Masterpiece.

[video=youtube_share;oKxFbtLBuLg]http://youtu.be/oKxFbtLBuLg[/video]

Definitely one of the best films of the last 10 years. Has one of the best last shots of any film since Jaws.

Ben Affleck is apparently directing a remake of Tell No One.

If his brother is in it and it's set in Boston that could actually be good.

race%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Bdevil.bmp

Peter Fonda and Warren Oates are gallivanting around in an RV with their wives and come across a satanic Aztec (apparently the two are the same thing) human sacrifice ritual going on and are then pursued by the Aztec Satanists or whatever they are. Plot holes you could drive a large vehicle of the type featured in the film through, but it's good stuff.

Note - there is unfortunately no racing with the actual devil involved. Although they did have a motorbike race at the start, just none with the devil.

race%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Bdevil.bmp

Peter Fonda and Warren Oates are gallivanting around in an RV with their wives and come across a satanic Aztec (apparently the two are the same thing) human sacrifice ritual going on and are then pursued by the Aztec Satanists or whatever they are. Plot holes you could drive a large vehicle of the type featured in the film through, but it's good stuff.

Note - there is unfortunately no racing with the actual devil involved. Although they did have a motorbike race at the start, just none with the devil.
saw that on the telly when i was a kid. the final scene scared the shit out of me.

I watched Stake Land today.
I'm bloody fed up with 'what would happen after the vampire/zombie/rage/ebola/arse/banana plague' films.
It's like, here lads, there was this film made about 50 years ago, it's called 'The Omega Man'. If you can't fucking add anything to that, then don't make your film!

I watched Stake Land today.<br>
I'm bloody fed up with 'what would happen after the vampire/zombie/rage/ebola/arse/banana plague' films.<br>
It's like, here lads, there was this film made about 50 years ago, it's called 'The Omega Man'. If you can't fucking add anything to that, then don't make your film!

See also, The Last Man on Earth, for the same thing done better.

(also, I don't subscribe to the whole improve on previous or don't bother, otherwise I'd have stopped watching films after Robocop.)

I'm off to watch Killer Condom, which I am pretty certain is the best film ever made about a killer condom.

You ever seen Seagal's vampire film Against the Dark? It's awful, and not the entertaining kind of awful.

killer_condom_poster_02.jpg

Killer Condom is surprisingly good. It's mainly played straight, almost like a noir with the voiceovers. Some amazingly ridiculous dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back