What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

wpid-51Z8W1N5JRL.jpg

Ali Farka Toure is a fucking scream. Him telling Corey Harris that there are no black Americans was funny, and then the bit at the end where he is speaking very passionately to him and Harris has that (I know it well cause a make it a lot) "what the fuck is he saying, I'd better look serious and pretend I understand cause he seems to think it's important" look.

And also...

3453277539792FS.gif

Interesting stuff. My apprehension that Lacan is/was a bit of a giant cock was proven right on watching this, I reckon. A funny, great and wildly fascinating character all the same though - a pity I just can't get beyond thinking he's a fraud.

He went to my old school, so he did. Himself also had a pint with my uncle the last time the both of them were in town (few years ago now, but).

;_; the bleeding jealousy. I want to have a pint with him so I can figure out if he's as much of a (wondrous) sleeze as I suspect he is.

A Jacques Tourneur double bill.

Comedy_Terrors_2.jpg

Vincent Price, an undertaker, owes a year's rent to Basil Rathbone, so he and his henchman Peter Lorre go to work to get some customers. Tremendous fun. The Rhubarb credited on the poster there is a cat.

cat-people-poster.jpg

Simone Simon is afeard that if she gets it on with her husband (Kent Smith playing Oliver Reed, but not doing a particularly good job, he isn't drunk once) she'll turn into a nefarious cat monster. Possibly the inspiration for Thundercats.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - god this goes on and on and on

&

Your Highness - dissappointing. doesn't really work at all. it's not funny enough, the CGI is awful and david gordon green can't do action.

Bruno next although i'm not holding out for much

tf.org-Atonement-free.jpg

No matter how many times I see this it still messes me up.

Ah Atonement.

wikipedia said:
Briony hopes that, by reuniting them in fiction, she can give them the happy conclusion to their lives that they have always deserved.

PITY YOU JUST WRECKED IT TRYING TO BE CLEVER ISN'T IT???

51TIVWEcJCL.jpg

Didn't know what to expect going into this one. Must say I really enjoyed and was suprised by Matt Damon performance.

5166e3Ia3aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Excellent old school western. RObert Duvall is excellent as usual and even Costner less than animated acting works well in this one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back