What movie did you watch last night? (31 Viewers)

I saw him in Heartbreaker which was terrible, but he was charming and fupping gorgeous.

Because we all care so much what a bunch of anonymous critics think.

Exhibit B:

www.thumped.com\bbs

Is that 6 against and 1 for now?

You seem to have missed the 93% rating derived from nearly 350,000 users(non-critics). Anyway, same as yourself I don't actually give a shite just offering up the idea that your thumped based sample of 7 people may not be conclusive. I thought the film kinda squandered an interesting premise and that fucking Bond film Jetski homage scene is massively egregious.

You seem to have missed the 93% rating derived from nearly 350,000 users(non-critics). Anyway, same as yourself I don't actually give a shite just offering up the idea that your thumped based sample of 7 people may not be conclusive. I thought the film kinda squandered an interesting premise and that fucking Bond film Jetski homage scene is massively egregious.

my thumped based sample is a qualitative study of the biggest pricks in Ireland. The quantative nonsense found on rottentomatoes does not apply here.

God, shut up me.

Canadian blogger/journo Ofelia Legaspi is working her way through The Best DVDs You’ve Never Seen, Just Missed or Almost Forgotten, a book compiled by New York Times film critics. There are 500(ish) films in the book. That's a lot of sitting on your butt. Today Ofelia's tackling Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and contrasting it with Inception.

Kaufman’s characters fight, not in million-dollar action sequences, but inside intimate homes. The only place more intimate and alive than the reality of Clementine and Joel’s lives is when they go back deep in Joel’s repressed memories, through some low-tech brain damage procedure that takes place in a small clinic and in the depressive patient’s own dingy home.

Nolan’s, on the other hand, is a construct that detaches itself from poignant and well-developed emotions the way its inception scenes have the Earth detach from its core. These scenes invoke awe but they seem to serve no purpose other than to showcase the capabilities of a “dream architect” whose mind maze creation is actually more decorative than plot-driven.

Lucklily the internet has already summed up inception for me. the million 'this is epic' comments that you'll find on the ost youtubes affirm it.

Hold on

Kaufman’s characters fight, not in million-dollar action sequences, but inside intimate homes. The only place more intimate and alive than the reality of Clementine and Joel’s lives is when they go back deep in Joel’s repressed memories, through some low-tech brain damage procedure that takes place in a small clinic and in the depressive patient’s own dingy home.

jonah;

?

c9b0b22d51941661.jpg.jpg

HEIST. A David Mamet heist film. Pretty much what you'd expect.

Oh a certain film was mentioned. I don't really know what ann post was getting at. I don't know what any of his posts are about today. Something about 16 year olds in 2011 being 9 in 2005 therefore i'm implying something.

Anyway, I saw X-Men first class today.

Parts of it are really cool. Mainly the bits that Magneto is in.
More parts of it are pretty shite.
Some of the 'mutants' are incredibly fucking lame. If I ever turn into a mutant, remind me not to end up flying, because that seems to automatically mean I'll be fucking shit.

Overall, starts really well actually, then just loses the plot about halfway through - fairly typical X-Man film in other words.

P.S Hi jonah

Hi Cormo! I was supposed to see x-men today too but even my unholy love of michael fassbender couldn't get me to leave the house. I think I'll just wait to download it... Blitz now, Blitz I may have left the house for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back