What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

ugh, I'm doing it again....

Defending something I don't care about for the sake of an argument.

uggghhh

very well.

In that case Inception is one of those films with 2 weeks of hype for every 8 months of backlash.

this is why people say its really good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

its actually just ok.

try it with

and it errs on the side of being shit.

I'm gonna try it with this

220px-Kinjite_forbidden_subjects.jpg

KINJITE - FORBIDDEN SUBJECTS, or Bronson vs. perverts. I'll watch any old rubbish with Bronson in it, but this is pretty awful. Some of what I'm about to describe may make this sound good, or at least ridiculous, but it's not, it's mainly boring and spends too much time on side issues about Japanese lads who are into groping ladies on public transport and pimps who aren't cool pimps like in the blaxploitation films with the hats and the suits but more into the pimping the underage girls. Actually, it's more like pimp singular, and I may be wrong on this point, but LA is a pretty big city, and I would expect it to have more than one pimp, but when this girl goes missing Bronson goes after this particular dude just because he's his nemesis, not because he has any actual reason to be I'm not going to bother with spoiler warnings, because it's probably better to give a warning to not watch the damn thing, or if you really must, watch every other Bronson film first.

Here is Bronson threatening one of the clients of the aforementioned pimp with a dildo.

KINJITE_SIDE_A-3.jpg

Bronson also makes the pimp swallow a watch and sets his car on fire. Then when he arrests him he takes him to prison for justice. Justice including Danny Trejo telling the pimp he has something long and hard for him.

The script in this is really half arsed (same as a load of other Cannon films, but this goes over the 90 minute mark so it becomes noticeable and annoying). It's pretty apparent where they were going with the script, but backed out of it because of time / money constraints or not wanting to go into the incest bits. (Despite having forbidden subjects as the subtitle, the only thing actually referred to as forbidden is for Japanese people to talk about bowel movements when asked how they are by Western people). If they'd cut about 15 minutes out, mainly everything building to what they didn't do, I may have liked this.

Also, there's a scene where Bronson and another dude drop a guy into a swimming pool from several floors up. He goes down as a black man, floats up as a white man. Kind of like a fast forwarded Michael Jackson.

Running-Scared.jpg

RUNNING SCARED. Not a remake of the Billy Crystal film and does not have the Roy Orbison song in it. Directed by Wayne Kramer, not the MC5 Wayne Kramer, Paul Walker (mainly known from being wooden in the Fast and Furious films, but he's pretty good in this) as a low level mob guy who's supposed to disposing of guns used to shoot crooked cops, but the kid next door uses one to shoot his stepfather. Much chasing around after kid and gun. This is highly entertaining, kind of like a slightly more relaxed Crank.

I'm not sure about it making Kill Bill look like Sesame Street. I'd like to see the version of that where Uma Thurman makes David Carradine count to twenty.

why do people still give Kevin Smith money to make films

Looks like he's trying something new for his next flick

And if rumours are to be believed he's then only making one more film as he's now doing his own daily radio show on this one digital radio channel.....

I thought Inception was rubbish too. And I'm easily pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back