What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

On the day of my Confirmation I met Paul Hill and his wife in Hayden’s Hotel, Ballinasloe. His wife is the daughter of Robert Kennedy. I spoke to them for two minutes, Mr. Hill gave me £3. I was 9.
On Saturday I watched Bobby. It was the worst piece of shit I ever saw in my life.

I may as well have been that fucking film, seeing as my encounter with a Kennedy is as important and relevant as that of any of the characters in the movie.
It was like a shit soap.
It should have been called “The hotel and all the dickheads who are in it one day”.
Emilio Estevez playing drums, for no reason at all!
He spent 6 years researching it, and yet he just made up all the characters.

And the DVD extras, GOD!
“These two TITANS, goin’ at it.”
“A young, brave DP”
“This film really shows that….you can silence the man, but you can NEVER…….silence the message”

It’s about 2 years too late, but I want to rant about it, because it is awful, awful, awful.

Awful.

I'm with you on this one, Seanc. Rubbish film. The last ten minutes were ok but the rest was soap opera level garbage. You could remove any one of those characters from the film and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Everyone in it was unimportant to the overall plot.

Staggeringly bad.

'Outlaw' When Order Fails Violence Prevails.

It's basically Football Factory with guns and even more realistic beatings, it kind of disturbing to some faint hearted people.

In Bruges- not the happy go lucky feel good movie the trailer lead me to believe

depressing, gut wrenching, traumatising might be more accurate

street-kings-poster.jpg

Keanu Reeves shoots people.

by fuck its awful

Family Guy - Blue Harvest, the star wars thing. CRAP. Gave up when they had Obi Wan singing "Time Of My Life".

there are two laugh out loud bits in that:

'lets start at episode 4'
and when meg appears as the swamp thing in the compactor.

the rest is pretty rubbish.

"Babel" thought it was just about watchable, the largely mediocre reviews primed me not to expect anything exceptional.

Family Guy - Blue Harvest, the star wars thing. CRAP. Gave up when they had Obi Wan singing "Time Of My Life".

i thought the bit with the couch and peter singing along to the soundtrack were great, but i cant stand star wars so it didnt do much for me, i'd say its a treat for fans of family guy and star wars though. what the fuck is up with it being released on its own on dvd though? bloody rip off.

Saw em both before.

Duel - absolute classic.

Downfall - Brilliant film about my favourite dictator. Bruno Ganz IS Hitler. Say what you want about the Nazi's, they're always entertaining.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall- I thought it was really funny. Russell Brand is pretty much playing Russell Brand but he's pretty awesome in it. Overall two thumbs up!

I saw Ghost Dog last night. Everyone seems to love that film.

I though it wasn't very good. Even if you overlook the painfully cheesey stuff like swooshing noises when he moves guns about, and that terrible twirly thing that he does with the gun when he holsters it, even then its still not that good.
There are one or two massive plot holes.
There is also miscellaneous ridiculousness... I mean, if shooting someone up a drain pipe is the most direct route, well how does Ghost Dog know when the laser is pointing at your man. He's not looking up the drain pipe at the same time as the gun.
Him waiving about a sniper rifle looking at birds, scopes open, and a massive watch, all facing out towards the guys he is scoping out? Come on man.
Carrier pigeons fundamentally dont fucking fly around the gaff looking for messages and shuttling them home either. Really obvious shit like that. is off putting.
But there are tons of tiny fuck ups, thats not the biggest problem.

I'm trying to see the good parts of it.
I quite liked the nihilism. This idea of progression through life no matter what. And I suppose the cartoons as a sort of plot map was cute. The actual filming was good. The RZA did an alright job on the tunes.

I dunno, I am not sure exactly what the big problem with the film is. Apart from it being really pretentious, and full of holes, and very very poorly thought through, it is just missing a point. It drags on, with this wanabe Samurai shite, and ends pointlessly.
Nah.

In Bruges- not the happy go lucky feel good movie the trailer lead me to believe

depressing, gut wrenching, traumatising might be more accurate

I know what you mean! I was really pleasantly surprised by it.. bit disjointed in places - but the acting was excellent (even farrell, although ralph fiennes was hamming it up a bit) and it was very funny in places.

Brendan Gleeson is as good as ever. Great actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back