What movie did you watch last night? (38 Viewers)

Stumbled across this:
421px-Threadsmoviecover.jpg

This has to be a film everyone knows but me, right? Amazing

Me and You and Everyone We Know - Again. Was a bit more cringey the second time around, since I wasn't alone. I still like it a lot though.

The Rink & The Immigrant - Two short Chaplin things I had lying around. The Rink was pretty average. How many fucking times can you use the "guy throws a punch at a guy who ducks and the guy behind gets it in the face"-gag in 20 minutes? Dang. The Immigrant was way better though, particularly the part on the boat with the wibbly wobbly camera work.

Deconstructing Harry - MMMMbeaah, not bad. Pretty weird format, was awful confusing at first. Had its moments though. Is it just me or did Larry David rip half this movie for the carpool episode of curb?

Also:

Harry: The ironic thing is that the school that kicked me out is honoring me soon.

Shrink: Why did they kick you out?

Harry: Because I wasn't interested in college. I wanted to be a writer and that's all I cared about. Also, I tried to give the Dean's wife an enema. They didn't take kindly to that.

Just back from the bar in the Hotel. Fuuck. There was one pair there a 40 old year old man and a woman (not a whole lot older - mid 50s I'd say). I think they had fucked at some stage, she was his best friends mother.

They go to talking to this clean shaven mormon type dude. Slightly pudgy, dressed in a navy blazer. Some shiny lapel pin on him. He had one a prize in some function they were runing in the hotel that night for non profit orgs.

He had lost his leg above the knee in Iraq and won a silver star - this won him a hug from the man.

They spent ages talking absolute gibberish about Iraq. I thought I was going to loose the rag at any second - it gave me all I could do not to but in. (I think the woman sensed this - a couple of times she included me in the conversation - I think she was looking to cause some excitement)

Anyway, the guy had to piss about every 2 seconds and while he was gone once the fat opus dei pudgy amputee silver star soldier guy made the most creepy pass ever at her. I nearly spit jameson all over the bar. Fucking American pricks.

Anyway

I'm back in the room and David Lean's Great Expectations is on the TV

BEAUTIFUL

Joe Gargery makes me want to cry. Is there a more noble carachter?

Just watched the first couple of thing on 'The Complete Short Films of Jan Svankmajer'. Pretty goddamn good, particularly 'The Last Trick', and 'Punch and Judy' which was fucking incredible.

hahaha, if you got that out of the NUIM Library, we have shared a DVD!

I thought it smelt funny alright.

On the day of my Confirmation I met Paul Hill and his wife in Hayden’s Hotel, Ballinasloe. His wife is the daughter of Robert Kennedy. I spoke to them for two minutes, Mr. Hill gave me £3. I was 9.
On Saturday I watched Bobby. It was the worst piece of shit I ever saw in my life.

I may as well have been that fucking film, seeing as my encounter with a Kennedy is as important and relevant as that of any of the characters in the movie.
It was like a shit soap.
It should have been called “The hotel and all the dickheads who are in it one day”.
Emilio Estevez playing drums, for no reason at all!
He spent 6 years researching it, and yet he just made up all the characters.

And the DVD extras, GOD!
“These two TITANS, goin’ at it.”
“A young, brave DP”
“This film really shows that….you can silence the man, but you can NEVER…….silence the message”

It’s about 2 years too late, but I want to rant about it, because it is awful, awful, awful.

Awful.

Wristcutters - A Love Story - Whilst I may need to go and repost Shannyn Sossamon on the "I Have The Horn For..." thread, this film was unmitigated muck. Complete fucking shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back