What movie did you watch last night? (62 Viewers)

Really? Well, did I miss something?

Estevez did a fine job in blending an ensemble cast with their individual stories all keeping the viewers' interest.

Highlights
- The Sound Of Silence playing over old and new footage of RFK on the campaign trail.
- Lawrence Fishbourne's speech.
- The two naive election workers taking LSD for the first time.
- Sharon Stone and Demi Moore's boozy, teary chat.
- Anthony Hopkins as the lonely, retired doorman who has nothing to go home for.

howl's moving castle.

enjoyable, but i preferred spirited away MUCH more.

tomorrow morning i'm going to the press screening of P2. it looks shit, but wes bentley is in it and i have the horn for him.

Happy-Go-Lucky
New Mike Leigh joint.
Very enjoyable crowd-pleaser. Winning performances - Eddie Marsan is fantastic - and just plain ol' heart-warming.

Some Guardian or Slate critic will deconstruct it in a few weeks and tell us how Leigh has got it all wrong but in the meantime there's a whole lot to like.

Also saw Flashbacks Of A Fool there at the weekend. As it's mostly one long flashback, there's not that much screentime for D. Craig as you might expect from the poster. I still could have done without the 20 second lingering shot on his naked pooper though.

Just saw Leatherheads.It was funny and I liked it more than I expected to. It was sweet but seemed a little confused..Renee Zellweger does grate a little though.

and seriously when was the last time she could pass for 31?

Garage. Boring.

I really liked it.

Estevez did a fine job in blending an ensemble cast with their individual stories all keeping the viewers' interest.

Highlights
- The Sound Of Silence playing over old and new footage of RFK on the campaign trail.
- Lawrence Fishbourne's speech.
- The two naive election workers taking LSD for the first time.
- Sharon Stone and Demi Moore's boozy, teary chat.
- Anthony Hopkins as the lonely, retired doorman who has nothing to go home for.

I also really liked it

Le Samourai

Highly stylised but surprisingly tense Melville hitman flick with Alain Delon.
I'm now itching to watch Ghost Dog again.

Oh that's one of my favourite top ten movies in the whole world, ever. I dunno how many times I've watched it.

I'm a fan of Melville in general though.
Have you seen 'Army Of Shadows'?

Oh that's one of my favourite top ten movies in the whole world, ever. I dunno how many times I've watched it.

I'm a fan of Melville in general though.
Have you seen 'Army Of Shadows'?

In a way it was like watching a rosetta stone for any number of crime/cop/stoic-stylish-badass-killer movies since.
I didn't see the 'seppuku by cop' coming (kicking myself) as I was so caught up with everything else he was doing.

Watching 'Shadows' tonight before the pub.

Ed Wood type special effects, but interesting none the less. 7/10

Film was panned by the critics but I thought besides the absurdity of some parts it was actually a decent film.
Nick Love has a great style of direction.....
7.2/10

saw this on MGM -
51EKVDEJZEL._SS500_.jpg

Little seen but excellent Sidney Lumet film. Connery got this made as part of a deal he did with United Artists, in return for making Diamonds are Forever. Great movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back