What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Suspiria remake. Reviews of this were pretty dire but it's actually got a lot going for it. It's too long and all the Baader-Meinhof/WWII stuff doesn't really add up to much but .... plenty of spectacular scenes, beautifully shot, unnerving and creepy for the most part, Tilda Swinton is excellent as always, dream sequences are great. Not sure about the ending. It's either gloriously over-the-top or amounts or the point where the film just completely loses it (in a bad way).

Anyone else here seen it? Interested in what folks thought of it ...
Gonna go tomorrow

Hold The Dark.
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, or if it's considered way too easy peasy for all you pricks with arts degrees, but I thought it was weird, and I liked it.

Shoplifters..Excellent Japanese movie about odd poor folk
Pawn Sacrifice..decent Bobby Fischer biopic
The Light Between Oceans..Fantastic and absolutely beautiful to look at tear jerker..very sad indeed. Hard to go wrong with Mick Fassbender
Hitchcocks Frenzy..Brilliant! London-1972-Hitchcock..its got it all

Deck The Halls. It was shit although something came over me in one scene I ended up doubled over in pain from laughter for a minute.

Suspiria. Mostly loved it. Great atmosphere, music, costumes and performances. A couple of scenes will be remembered as horror classics in the future. There were a couple of things I wasn’t sure about...

so was Susie the Mother Suspirium the whole time and just pretending to be a good Mormon girl? That wasn’t clear....

Also what was the point of having Tilda Swinton play the psychiatrist? It was really distracting. I did like that they gave him a prosthetic old man willy though

Suspiria. Mostly loved it. Great atmosphere, music, costumes and performances. A couple of scenes will be remembered as horror classics in the future. There were a couple of things I wasn’t sure about...

so was Susie the Mother Suspirium the whole time and just pretending to be a good Mormon girl? That wasn’t clear....

Also what was the point of having Tilda Swinton play the psychiatrist? It was really distracting. I did like that they gave him a prosthetic old man willy though

Yeah, that's the way I took it. Susie was bad all along. Would need to see it again though to see if that really stacks up. I wasn't distracted by the Tilda Swinton thing because I didn't realise until near the end. I had heard that she played a male character too but had totally forgotten about it.

What did you think of the mad-over-the-top blood and gore ending? I found it so mental I was laughing at it in parts. And then kind of recoiling in horror. Also reminded me of the ending to Hereditary.

Yeah, that's the way I took it. Susie was bad all along. Would need to see it again though to see if that really stacks up. I wasn't distracted by the Tilda Swinton thing because I didn't realise until near the end. I had heard that she played a male character too but had totally forgotten about it.

What did you think of the mad-over-the-top blood and gore ending? I found it so mental I was laughing at it in parts. And then kind of recoiling in horror. Also reminded me of the ending to Hereditary.

yeah I was going to say that it reminded me of Hereditary. Like, you could argue that it’s silly and self indulgent but I wasn’t expecting it to go full on grand guignol so I was pleasantly surprised. I respect that. I’m also enjoying this resurgence in occult/satanist horror - this, Hereditary, Mandy etc..

Nocturnal Animals..on second viewing I'd say this is a minor classic

Cargo..enjoyable Zombie yarn set in the outback with Martin Freeman

Nocturnal Animals..on second viewing I'd say this is a minor classic

Cargo..enjoyable Zombie yarn set in the outback with Martin Freeman

I liked the story in the story but I couldn't really take to the Amy Adams plotline. And I think Amy Adams is the fucking best.

Have you seen the director's other movie, A Simple Man? It's fanctastic.

Copout. Herself was watching it, I barely paid any attention. What I did see seemed very buddy-cop by numbers.

We kicked off Christmas with Home Alone on Saturday night. So brilliant.
Last night we watched Rainbow Time, quite a nice indie film about a randy "special needs" guy. He is brilliant in it.
Then we continued our attempt to watch the classics with the kids with Full Metal Jacket. One flat out refused to watch ANOTHER FILM with us. The other one seemed to enjoy it. I loved it, been ages and ages since I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back