What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

watched this this morning. pretty enjoyable, will probably watch it again in a few weeks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also watched this. Some very good stories in there. Netflix pulling me back in again just when I'm thinking I'm out.

We watched Isle Of Dogs last night. There is so much to love about Wes Anderson films that he gets off the hook for their problems. I found this visually exhausting and the drama levels in the film are the same all the way through. So this film seemed way longer than it was. It became boring. Which is a strange thing to say about such a beautiful film. I remember thinking the same about The Grand Budapest Hotel. Three quarters of the way though I could have turned it off and not cared.

On a scale of 1 to Tarantino, not very.

Some shootings / murders. Some cruelty.

Suspiria remake. Reviews of this were pretty dire but it's actually got a lot going for it. It's too long and all the Baader-Meinhof/WWII stuff doesn't really add up to much but .... plenty of spectacular scenes, beautifully shot, unnerving and creepy for the most part, Tilda Swinton is excellent as always, dream sequences are great. Not sure about the ending. It's either gloriously over-the-top or amounts or the point where the film just completely loses it (in a bad way).

Anyone else here seen it? Interested in what folks thought of it ...

I watched the Suede documentary, The insatiable ones recorded from sky arts.
It was pretty good. Could have been half an hour longer. just to flesh out a few things, what they did in years they were split ect... but good overall.

Suspiria remake. Reviews of this were pretty dire but it's actually got a lot going for it. It's too long and all the Baader-Meinhof/WWII stuff doesn't really add up to much but .... plenty of spectacular scenes, beautifully shot, unnerving and creepy for the most part, Tilda Swinton is excellent as always, dream sequences are great. Not sure about the ending. It's either gloriously over-the-top or amounts or the point where the film just completely loses it (in a bad way).

Anyone else here seen it? Interested in what folks thought of it ...
Is it a case of looks good + sounds good = is good?

Want to see it but dunno when I'll round to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back