What movie did you watch last night? (24 Viewers)

Gravity. 'twas good. I don't know why I expected more of a story.

enjoyed it also. didnt enjoy finding it hard to breathe while watching it only to realise afterwards that i was after developing an allergic reaction to the pint of cranberry juice i drank while watching it which causes tightening of the throat and swelling of the tongue. fun times

enjoyed it also. didnt enjoy finding it hard to breathe while watching it only to realise afterwards that i was after developing an allergic reaction to the pint of cranberry juice i drank while watching it which causes tightening of the throat and swelling of the tongue. fun times

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

stranger than fiction - i enjoyed it but want to bitch about it

stranger_than_fiction_dvd__1_.jpg

will ferrell was good, emma thompson was great, but the whole premise was fairly piss-poor (he's a character in the book she's writing) - not only do they choose a lazy way of framing his story, the writer herself has a newly-hired 'assistant' who's meant to be helping her over writers' block but actually performs no function at all except to provide a reason for the writer to explain everything she's doing out loud so the viewers can get it.

maggie gyllenhaal's character (the unlikely love interest) is also pretty annoying, between the half-baked radicalism (has a tattoo to illustrate her alternative grrl credentials, won't pay the percentage of her taxes that go towards military spending etc.) and jibes of dubious intelligence which were obviously intended to be supremely witty barbs:

"Anarchists have a group? ... They assemble? ... Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose?"

apparently confusing anarchism with being a hermit

stranger than fiction - i enjoyed it but want to bitch about it

stranger_than_fiction_dvd__1_.jpg

will ferrell was good, emma thompson was great, but the whole premise was fairly piss-poor (he's a character in the book she's writing) - not only do they choose a lazy way of framing his story, the writer herself has a newly-hired 'assistant' who's meant to be helping her over writers' block but actually performs no function at all except to provide a reason for the writer to explain everything she's doing out loud so the viewers can get it.

maggie gyllenhaal's character (the unlikely love interest) is also pretty annoying, between the half-baked radicalism (has a tattoo to illustrate her alternative grrl credentials, won't pay the percentage of her taxes that go towards military spending etc.) and jibes of dubious intelligence which were obviously intended to be supremely witty barbs:

"Anarchists have a group? ... They assemble? ... Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose?"

apparently confusing anarchism with being a hermit

I can't decide if she was cliche or they were right to use a barista/baker as his crush; as in every dude in a suit wants the cute tattoo'd alternative girl to validate him.

Every time I got cynical he'd do something like showing up with 'flours' or then they'd have the Wreckless Eric song and I'd be back on board.

I think I liked the bus metaphor at the time. Now I can't remember.

I liked the film.

Don't forget how unrealistic it is for us to be expected to believe that Emma Thompson is actually writing someone's life.

Well anyway last night i watched Frozen purely so I can understand 99% of what Buzzfeed talks about these days.

Fucking strongly considered seeing this in the theatre at the weekend so I could have something to talk to my nieces about.
I'd recommend it, I thought it was fantastic myself. Good songs, good dialogue, Hans Christian Anderson with a modern sensibility twist.... I mean, it's the usual but that's no bad thing.

edit: oh and it's not just winking over the shoulder of the kids at the parents, but I think most people agree that that whole Shrek thing is pretty played out that this point.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guy just went around to a bunch of pubs with a digital camera and made this.

Brought the fucking house down last night.

What have you done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back