What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

Wolf. James Spader and Prunella Scales together at last! Not great. Pretty boring. Not enough wolf stuff.
wolf1.jpg

Super Fly. Pretty good. Lots of great clothes and music.
SuperFly_Span1.jpg

Black Sabbath. Great stuff from the master Bava. The third tale in this is extremely unsettling. Brilliantly suspenseful and atmospheric.
BLACK_SABBATH.jpg

782_0.jpg

watched this at a roof top cinema in Hoxton which charged one of our party £16.80 for less than 3 pints of beer in a pitcher.

some people in front of me thought the scene where Patrick Swayze puts a tape into his car stereo was hillarious. I guess tapes are just really funny to people in their twenties?!

anyway, I enjoyed this film. Terry Funk plays a bouncer as well.

Watched The Last Action Hero with the boys after someone mentioned it on here the other day. I saw it when it came out and didn't like it or think twice about it. I still found the kid annoying and generally hate "films about films" but I picked up a load of the subtleties in the other world and I must say found it a total blast. The lads loved it too.
Also Big Gun is the exception to throwaway songs given to films in that it remains of the better Johnson-era AC/DC songs.

Only God Forgives. I enjoyed it although I felt it was Refn's attempt at a David Lynch film or something like Oldboy. He's no David Lynch though, or Park Chan-wook for that matter. What he is good at is orchestrating incredibly gruesome set pieces. Not as terrible as some people are saying but quite self indulgent and nowhere near as good as Drive or Vahalla Rising.

Recently watched Side Effects. Didn't like it. Started wonderfully but just got ridiculous. Those talking up the performances of Jude Law and, particularly, CZJ...I just don't see it.

Europa Report. Great looking movie. Hardly life-changing but a very tidy little sci-fi thriller with a great international cast.

I saw it in the Lighthouse. There was one other person in the audience - a girl sitting behind me. I felt like I was intruding on her single girls day out.

The movie hitself is getting slammed by many critics for reasons mentioned by @johnnystress - but once I got over the irritating aspects, I liked it. I think its heart was in the right place, and there were plenty of nice moment. Didn't hear the girl laugh once though.

I thought it was really good. Obviously it's poking fun at these people, but not in a Vice magazine way.

Which in 2013 is a blessed relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back