What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Ridiculous in the best possible way. A lot of these Korean thrillers tend to be overwrought but they are highly entertaining. This director's previous film A Bittersweet Life is in my top 5 films of the decade however if you didn't like I Saw The Devil I doubt you'll like A Bittersweet Life.

It certainly entertained me even though you had to suspend all credibility for those 2 and a half hours - but it it flew in!! The more I actually think back about that movie , the more I realsise that it was never it's intention to be taken serious anyway - just pure entertainment. Thanks for the recommendation, I will check that movie out when I get a chance.

Ridiculous in the best possible way. A lot of these Korean thrillers tend to be overwrought but they are highly entertaining. This director's previous film A Bittersweet Life is in my top 5 films of the decade however if you didn't like I Saw The Devil I doubt you'll like A Bittersweet Life.

Just realised that you didn't actually recomend it but I will watch it anyway. Don't get me wrong , I didn't dislike I saw the Devil, I found it very entertaining just ridiculous in that you were asked to forgive all the plot holes and credibility for those 2 and a half hours.

Humans dream every four years.

Deadly - especially the volleyball, 10,000 metres and marathon scenes.

Tokyoolympiadposter.jpg

last night - batman begins, the dark knight

today: the dark knight rises

all vg but

WHERE DID THE FUCKING MONORAIL GO?

AND HOW DID BANE AND WAYNE GET TO THE HELLHOLE PRISON AND BACK?

I was disappointed :(

some banal method not relevant to the plot i presume

Gotham is isolated and nobody can leave or they'll blow the bridge. I'd be way more interested in how he got out of Gotham or how he got back into Gotham from some far flung place in the middle of nowhere with no money or technology or a passport than I would be in some aul fella making claptrap speeches about fear in a prison for what seemed like an hour. It would seem more relevant to the plot to me. And that's just one thing I decided to pick out. Didn't Blake do some nifty detective work to uncover the terrorist plot? And Gordon promoting him was essential to this? And Gordon was in hospital because he accidentally stumbled across Blane's minions (who the hell were those guys, anyway?) And that's why they sent the cops underground? How was that all part of Blane's master plan, which was executed with perfect timing? Ho hum. Nolan usually has a good grasp of logic, too, so MAYBE I missed something but I don't think so. There are zillions of problems like this in the film. I really wanted to like this but I was very disappointed.

That said, I'll probably watch it on tele in a years time and love it.

1_20101016_220350.jpg

This is quite good. Can't help thinking that non-English black comedies can only be about 80% as funny if you don't know the language. Subtitles cannot convey the nuance of language and certain phrases/idioms.

Watched The Dark Knight Rises. Hit the spot.

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight although amazing always fell a bit short for me. Not this time.

I'm going again next week.

Is there an Imax screen anywhere left in this cuntry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back