What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Watched The Dark Knight Rises. Hit the spot.

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight although amazing always fell a bit short for me. Not this time.

I'm going again next week.

Is there an Imax screen anywhere left in this cuntry?

I think Savoy 1 or Cineworld 17 are your best bets for the biggest screens, but they are not IMAX.

In the past week:

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Kiera Knightley's MPDG is surprisingly likeable. Terrible ending but mostly enjoyable nonetheless. Great to hear Dublin's Hello Moon on the soundtrack.

Bringing Out the Dead
Somehow had never seen this. Excellent stuff. The more nightmarish elements of After Hours ramped up without much of the light relief, although Ving Rhames is hilarious.

Le Circle Rouge
Very good.

George Washington
Slight but atmospheric, in a good way. I liked it.

l_790751_7b4974e6.jpg

Mainly because Amanda Ryan was in it. Mmmm, lovely.

The one old man Wayne built for the city, that forms a big part of the plot of Batman Begins, and which no longer exists.

Did it? Fair play.

I need to watch that again so.

ETA This latest movie has the movie as de facto in Manhattan moreso than the others.

The Hunter. Great performance by Willem Dafoe as the eponymous hunter who is hired to track down the last Tasmanian Tiger. But nothings that easy, you get hippies, eco-warriors, lumberjacks, a jealous farmer, a traumatised widow, cute kids and a jealous farmer. Plus beautiful countryside but more of the boggy, mountainy forest Irish/Scottish style, this is Tasmania after all. Well, ok, you don't get wallabies and wombats in here, not that many anyway. See it!

the_hunter_2011_528x755_712410.jpg

Watched the remake of Last House on The Left.

Kinda typical horror remake stuff, but was still pretty hardcore in bits. Still, nowhere near as grimey and depressing as the original.

Also, it was kind of interesting seeing two actors, who's comedy stuff I know well, playing such horrible roles.

Finally watched this after avoiding it when in the cinema. I had my reasons probably should have waited longer. Despite Penn's annoying delivery and the wayward plot, I liked it. The underlining weaving stories were sad yet enjoyable.

Great scene: Penn dancing and brushing his teeth to The Passenger.
Also Stephen's Green escalators are not flat... do all of them collapse flat?
If so, why are they all not just flat instead of steps?
Mind blown.

Gavin-Friday-This-Must-Be-The-Place-soundtrack1.jpg

Finally watched this after avoiding it when in the cinema. I had my reasons probably should have waited longer. Despite Penn's annoying delivery and the wayward plot, I liked it. The underlining weaving stories were sad yet enjoyable.

Great scene: Penn dancing and brushing his teeth to The Passenger.
Also Stephen's Green escalators are not flat... do all of them collapse flat?
If so, why are they all not just flat instead of steps?
Mind blown.

Gavin-Friday-This-Must-Be-The-Place-soundtrack1.jpg

it's not stephens green it's the blanchardstown centre, and they are travelators

and if you tried to busk in it you'd be neck & arsed out the door quick smart.

A good movie.

Killer Joe, really enjoyed it, a real signature role for McConaughey.

The actress who played Dottie was also in The Dark Knight Rises, so I've seen her twice in a week, at least one of them was good.

Thought it was great as well. McConaughey was incredible. What a wonderful psychotic killer! And a great trailer trash family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back