What movie did you watch last night? (27 Viewers)

Peter Fonda and Warren Oates play vacationers who stumble upon a group of redneck satanists and proceed to kick some fucking ass. Pretty cool horror/action hybrid.
RaceWithTheDevil.jpg

I succumbed to all the hype about this South Korean 'classic' - watched it last night and have to say that I thought it was a ridiculous film.

images

Peter Fonda and Warren Oates play vacationers who stumble upon a group of redneck satanists and proceed to kick some fucking ass. Pretty cool horror/action hybrid.
RaceWithTheDevil.jpg

classic. Taped it off Moviedrome back in 1994. Tape ran out in the LAST 20 SECONDS.

On the same VHS tape as Scum.

I watched it again last weekend.

I don't get the hate. It just schedenfreude

It reminds me of Flash Gordon, it's a great Christmas day movie, the type of swords and spaceships fare that they don't make any more. I can't see how it inspired so much ire in reviewers.

I don't get it either. People didn't just dislike it, the openly hated it. Mark Kermode who's podcasts I enjoy and listen to every week considers it the worst film released this year so far. Considering Friends with Kids was released this year also, the dude is way off...

I feel so sorry for Andrew who has run with his tail between his legs back to Pixar to make Finding Nemo 2.

I live in hope for a Return to Barsoon, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I did/do have a problem with the renaming of the film just before its release & the quick retrofitting of it to 3D... You could tell Disney were nervous considering the budget.

I don't get it either. People didn't just dislike it, the openly hated it. Mark Kermode who's podcasts I enjoy and listen to every week considers it the worst film released this year so far. Considering Friends with Kids was released this year also, the dude is way off...

I feel so sorry for Andrew who has run with his tail between his legs back to Pixar to make Finding Nemo 2.

I live in hope for a Return to Barsoon, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I did/do have a problem with the renaming of the film just before its release & the quick retrofitting of it to 3D... You could tell Disney were nervous considering the budget.

http://brattlefilm.org/2012/05/02/john-carter/

(2012) dir Andrew Stanton w/Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins, Samantha Morton, Willem Dafoe, Dominic West, Mark Strong, Thomas Haden Church, Ciaran Hinds [132 min]
Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you the sad case of JOHN CARTER: a film unfairly treated by a muddy marketing campaign, an unfortunate name-change (just call it JOHN CARTER OF MARS!), and branded as a flop before it was even released thus sealing its fate. The problem here is that JOHN CARTER is actually a good movie! Sure, this sci-fi adventure tale feels a little old-fashioned but that’s what’s great about it – it harkens back to classic matinee swashbucklers of old. Taylor Kitsch plays John Carter, a bitter Civil War veteran who finds himself thrust into the middle of yet another war when he suddenly and inexplicably is transmitted to Mars. We urge you to give this film another chance and hope that showing it at the Brattle will allow some folks who may have skipped it an opportunity to see it on the big screen.

I succumbed to all the hype about this South Korean 'classic' - watched it last night and have to say that I thought it was a ridiculous film.

images

Ridiculous in the best possible way. A lot of these Korean thrillers tend to be overwrought but they are highly entertaining. This director's previous film A Bittersweet Life is in my top 5 films of the decade however if you didn't like I Saw The Devil I doubt you'll like A Bittersweet Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back