What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Watched Celebrity for the first time since seeing it in the Cimnea. One good thing about having a crap memory is that loads of it was "new" to me. I know it's a totally fucking shitty thing to say about films but it could have easily been 20 minutes shorter. Still good though.

oh and another thing, i see that Anything Else is out on dvd here now. The copy in xtravision had "director's cut" in big lettering on the cover. I can't imagine it's any different to the R1 dvd i have, i mean would Woody's films be anything other that Director's Cuts? Can anyone shed any light on this?

I watched The Terminal or as the French say Le Terminal. Very enjoyable, simple and entertaining. A Spielberged version of the truth, but still good.
I always liked Tom Hanks - now I know its more than residual love from the 80s.

Latex lizzie said:
I myself had a go of "the odessa file" with john voigt.

New scene - George and Jerry driving along in John Voight's car. George is humming the tune to "Everybody's Talkin.'"

GEORGE: So?

JERRY: C'mon, put the top up, it's November!

GEORGE: I feel alive, Jerry.

JERRY: Let's check out the glove box. <Opens the glove compartment, takes out a pencil.> Ah. Pencil.

GEORGE: Hey...you don't think...sure, that's Jon Voight's pencil!

JERRY: With Jon Voight's teeth marks. <Looks at the owner's manual.> Owner's manual...you know what? This car was owned by Jon Voight.

GEORGE: Ah! See? I told ya.

JERRY: Except Jon is spelled with an H. J-O-H-N.

GEORGE: So?

JERRY: Doesn't Jon Voight spell his name J-O-N?

GEORGE (pulls over): So, what are you saying?

JERRY: Nothing. I'm sure "Jon" probably mispelled his own name. I know sometimes I spell Jerry with a G...and an I! <Laughs uproariously.>

GEORGE (angrily): Get out of the car!

JERRY: What?

GEORGE: That's right, you heard me. Get out! You are ruining this whole experience for me!

JERRY (sarcastically): Oh, look! There's Gregory Peck's bicycle!

GEORGE: Get out!

JERRY: And Barbara Mandrell's skateboard!

GEORGE: Get out!! <Jerry gets out and George drives away. A couple of guys notice Jerry in his cowboy boots.>

TOUGH GUY (threatingly): Hey, cowboy. Where's your horse? <Jerry slips and slides in his cowboy boots and runs away.> Yeah, you better run!

so there

brianMy Remorse said:
Rocky v
never ceases to crack me up!

tonight ill be watching anchorman that i just got on dvd and hope its better than when i saw it in the cinema.
i don't understand people that don't like Anchorman.

nah i liked it in the cinema, just not as much as i was expecting, cant remember if i saw dodgeball before or after it, but that it was a more cohesive movie and comedy, but like i said im off to bed to watch it, and hopefully will be waking the house with laughter.

ill keep you posted san diego.

Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to tell you this but I'm kind of a big deal.
Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm happy for you.
Ron Burgundy: I own many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.

I rest my case.

last night i watched old boy. and then watched about half of it with the director's commentary on before i fell asleep. there are still two more commentaries for me to watch as well. and a second disc of Fancy Extra Stuff. ooooooooooo yes. yes yes yes.

yeah its good, some of the deleted scenes were really poor, hence the deleted-ness it just seemed a bit like what Adam McKay said in "the making of" "people love ferrell, worst case scenario itll be funny, best case scenario sublime".
i just think they went out there a little arrogant thinking, "we are so hot right now, we could put take a shit, wrap it in tinfoil, put fish hooks on it and sell it to queen elizabeth as earrings."

I just think that when you improvise like that it cant be hit and miss, which some of it was, mainly from the support cast.

that said there were some class lines.

"you're like a miniature buddha, covered in hair"
"im storming your castle on my steed my lady"

haha and possibly the best,
"ugh it smells like big foots dick!"

dont you spend the whole movie wondering who the fuck "Mr Vengeance" actually is?

sounds terrible and yet I'm dying to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back