What movie did you watch last night? (32 Viewers)

Yeah really didn't get that. Did they just like the idea of doing it and because they reference it, that's ok??

I assumed it was something to do with all the water/drowning imagery in the Roeg flick and the title 'Submarine'. Just not sure what he was trying to do with it all.

It's a fecking puzzle wrapped up in a conundrum so it is.

Thinking of watching this in a few mins (I saw the Devil):

images

I assumed it was something to do with all the water/drowning imagery in the Roeg flick and the title 'Submarine'. Just not sure what he was trying to do with it all.

It's a fecking puzzle wrapped up in a conundrum so it is.

Yeah but I don't see what that part of the film has to do with facing up to his fears etc, or am I just totally dense?

By the way, Source Code got 5 stars in the Guardian

By the way, Source Code got 5 stars in the Guardian

French or Bradshaw?
Either way, I'm not surprised. I think it will do very well.
It succeeds on its own terms but for me, it is messy and loses its way about half way through.
Also, the first time you hear Chesney Hawkes' One & Only, it sounds clever (it's also featured in Moon), the 5th or 6th time, it sounds a bit like Jones being way too impressed with himself.
The ending is akin to a kid tidying his room - ram everything untidy into the closet and present you with a ta-da smile.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy bastard.

Wes was in there. As sure as Sue Townsend, Whit Stillman and Nicolas Roeg were, no?

What say you, Hives?

I would say the Wes comments would have to do more with the styling than character development. The detail to the homes, decoration and dress. Oh and I is John ... I told you so. :)

French or Bradshaw?
Either way, I'm not surprised. I think it will do very well.
It succeeds on its own terms but for me, it is messy and loses its way about half way through.
Also, the first time you hear Chesney Hawkes' One & Only, it sounds clever (it's also featured in Moon), the 5th or 6th time, it sounds a bit like Jones being way too impressed with himself.
The ending is akin to a kid tidying his room - ram everything untidy into the closet and present you with a ta-da smile.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy bastard.

Bradshaw. Donald Clarke gave it a good review today too. I'm confused, what you're describing sounds risible to me

I want to see this.

It certainly is full of stuff you'd like.
The way a deep-fried Mars bar with salmon, ricotta cheese and black pudding covered in syrup, thousand island and curried mayonnaise, in a toasted bun with powdered sugar and 100s & 1,000s on top and slathered in bbq sauce also has stuff you'd like.
Being force fed all of them combined for almost two hours is another thing.

In fairness, I loved the first two battle scenes - Kind of like Call Of Duty : The Moulin Rouge Emo-Trinians.
And it has plenty of unintentional laughs.

Overall, it's a mess though, it opens with child rape and closes with a lobotomy, which is cool, unfortunately it's all done in a way that still gets a 12 cert.

This might be a spoiler, but I'd honestly preferred to have been warned about this.
There's also a massive reality switch early doors where the mental home inexplicably becomes a kind of orphanage/brothel with very little explanation. Throws you for a few minutes.

The dude that played the King in Robin Hood is brilliant in it.

I kinda want to see it again now.

Bradshaw. Donald Clarke gave it a good review today too. I'm confused, what you're describing sounds risible to me

It succeeds on its own terms. It does. Wreck some heads, stop the bomb, win the girl. It's a decent film.
For me, I just never bought/understood the explanation for how he was there in the first place. Which is fine, as far as it goes. It's sci-fi.
But if you're gonna do a massive switcheroo with those same rules later on, I need firmer ground in the first place.
Also you see Gyllenhaal's face in the glass 5 minutes before he goes in and sees the other guy in the mirror. So you're not that clever, Mr Chesney-Hawkes retirement fund.

Maybe I'm just a joyless bastard.

Is it 5 o'clock yet?

'Limitless' - Decent concept about intelligence-raising pills, starts out intriguingly and then fails to make the most of the idea and turns into something like Wall Street crossed with a generic action-thriller flick. Full of problematic plot issues too. Some nice visual effects and Bradley Cooper has good screen presence, is surely going to star in a load more of these type of things.

Hot-Trailer-Hobo-With-A-Shotgun-Will-Demand-Your-Change.jpg

I was so looking forward to this one..It was everything I expected and more..

It was funny, gorey as fuck and very entertaining. It reminded me very much of a better Troma movie. There was some good cheesey bad guys, imaginative and corny one liners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back