What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

the-american-poster_330x503.jpg
I have a question about this film that has been bugging me for ages.

Roger Ebert says that this film hangs on a name being used twice, once in the wrong context. I presume he was talking about how the prostitute and the girl from In Bruges both refer to him as Mr. Butterfly - meaning that the prostitute is in on the whole thing.

However, the prostitute calls him that because of his tattoo and the In Bruge lady call him that because of the incident when they were testing the gun, so it doesn't prove anything.

Am I right? Am I missing something?

images

What a pile of muck.

Note to writer:
You can't start with the set piece and then try and do the building empathy with the characters thing in flashback. It kind of defeats the whole point of building the suspense.
I watched the first 5 mins and then forwarded through the next 20 minutes of needless empathy building nonsense to get back to the action

Note to self:
If the directors' are called The Brothers xxxxx give it a miss.

I have a question about this film that has been bugging me for ages.

Roger Ebert says that this film hangs on a name being used twice, once in the wrong context. I presume he was talking about how the prostitute and the girl from In Bruges both refer to him as Mr. Butterfly - meaning that the prostitute is in on the whole thing.

However, the prostitute calls him that because of his tattoo and the In Bruge lady call him that because of the incident when they were testing the gun, so it doesn't prove anything.

Am I right? Am I missing something?

I didn't notice, but Clooney does use two names in it. I think the butterfly business has more to do with some kind of merging in his mind of them (and also your one he kills at the start, all of them look vaguely similar). I was more wondering why client lady wanted a gun with such a high rate of fire when she said she only had one target.

Also

Small down, cop and Swedish guy killed, no one asks the foreign lad recently arrived in the town anything about it? And did he ever get his shoes back?

I watched some film with Michael Sheen last night. He loves darts and with a trip to Blackpool hopes to reconnect his wife who just left him. Anyone know the name of it? It was rather endearing and holy hell did Sheen have great hair in it. A big curly mop like that guy on QI that I have a crush on. It was a cute film.

Not the grammar, just the idea of trying to save a relationship by going to Blackpool.

532image11246027033.jpg

Hong Kong Godfather. This has way more machete fights than the actual Godfather, more machetes than Machete, and more Han from Enter the Dragon, still called Han here. Also it appears that the 80s also happened in Hong Kong also, dodgy mullets and white suits all over the place.
If you like your triad films to have a final third consisting of machetecuffs, you may enjoy this.

le-cercle-rouge-poster.jpg

Le Cercle Rouge, which is French for top quality crime film. The police chief who kept on about all men being guilty would have loved Bronson in 10 to Midnight.

AlienVsNinja.jpg

Entertaining silliness.

143image11231038659.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is many kinds of ridiculous. Laser fingers, leg amputations, chicken foot stilts, snakes as weapons, lobster claws for hands, kung fu gorillas, that kind of thing.

It's a dude in a gorilla suit, they'd already used up their effects budget on the snakes and lasers.

This is the last ten minutes or so, gorilla appears towards the start.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thought that was the Crippled Avengers, (aka Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms or something, just as the Venoms lads, but unrealted to the original film, mainly staright up kung fu after they deliver the cripplings to the protagonists, it's pretty great), but it's not. That's going on the list of shit I need to see post haste.

legend-of-he-wolf-1997-2.jpg

Donnie Yen pulls some Serious Acting Faces in this. It's patchy, last half hour or so is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back