What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

hugh said:
much better than normal cinema cos ....(b) everyone there is totally into it and paying attention and there are no dicks...talking on their mobiles....

Thats what you'd think, but the girl in front of us sat texting throughout the entire film. Pricks.

Some knackers were actually shouting at Oceans Twelve in the UGC when I went - actually loudly shouting abuse at Clooney and Pitt etc. You'd think because it was loud that I'd have understood them, but nay.

fuckin gypos.

^
Sounds a bit lonely really. You could just wait til they come out on DVD and watch them at home alone. Unless you have a live in knacker that sits in the corner of your living room and shouts random abuse at the TV. I have one, his name is Damo

watched a low-budget english triller/black comedy called the killing zone. very good, the hitman in it, has a serious late sixties michael cane fixation. on sunday i saw the spongebob squarepants film, quality shit. really funny, its a pity there are no late showings in ugc thou', cinema was packed with sprogs:mad:

The said:
^
Sounds a bit lonely really.

No way. The past few times I went to the cinema there was 10 people in the theatre at the most and it was deadly. Sure films are a private discussion between the screen and your brain anyway. Do you actually want to hear strangers eating and talking on the phone?

Murphydipsm.jpg

oh yeah... watched robocop for the fifteenth time last night

just saw the homecoming..based on the harold pinter play.. it was So Weird.. but good cos I've gotta study the play for final exams, and it's much better to see it than read it. but it's so weird.

im gonna watch Coming Home tonight, have it on VHS.

amazing movie with John Voight about post-vietnam life, totally moving

has anyone seen it on DVD anywhere?

Anthony said:
From now on I'm only going to go to see films where I'm the only person in the cinema. It's the best thing ever.

This man is the voice of reason.

Going to the cinema when there's nobody else there is the business.

People who talk/shout/text/grope at the cinema should be skull fucked. And if you can't hold your piss for two hours you need to be in an old folks home. Pricks.

anyone else see that daft ozzie film, sconds to spare earlier? about some eco-terrorists. (arnt they always) who steal biological weapons from the government( its ok for the government to have them appearantly), and hi-jack a train heading to sydney. only for these eco-terrorists to be stoped by an ex dea oficer, who has a vendetta against said terrorists.oh and kimberly davis who used to be in neighbours was in it aswell(sweeet)

Anthony said:
From now on I'm only going to go to see films where I'm the only person in the cinema. It's the best thing ever.

Your best chance of this is in the UGC cinema during the 10.30-ish (am) shows. I know it's early, but the cinema is almost always 80% empty and those who are there are hard-core cinema-goers who know to shut the hell up and switch off their phones.

Although it's early, it's a good way to start the day and the rest of the day is wide open.

I went to a 9pm showing in the cinema the other night and it was such an ordeal! The crowds lining up for tickets, drinks, popcorn etc. Horrendous. Never again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back