What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Burning-Bright-poster.jpg

This is your usual malarkey about a young lady looking after her autistic brother during a hurricane, except there's a tiger in the house.

the_girlfriend_experience_movie_poster1.jpg

Watched this on Friday, interesting without ever really being that moving. Seems like a really minor work or something.

The American Friend

AmericanFriendPoster.jpg

Bruno Ganz and Dennis Hopper play the most likeable film noir charachters maybe ever ? Very stylish with moments of genuine tension, It's Hopper and Ganz that make the film succeed, their scenes together float along nicely and add a real humanity to the enevitable anguish which the genre demands. The plot is flimsy to say the least and the "bad guys" aren't exactly shit your pants fear enducing I suppose sometimes in thrillers/noir a little believability has to be removed from certain charachters to make them work here the evil genius behind it all is polite but not mallevolant mannered but not socipathic and doesn't seem evil or genius enough. So certain scenes fall a little flat. Still excellent though.

51Nv04v40gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

aka Chinese Super Ninjas. This has all kinds of ninja deviousness. And metal ninjas.

0631.jpg

418829G3M9L.jpg

This starts out with some dude praying to Buddha to let him die, then this samurai lad turns up and kills him.
He's generally a bit of a prick, that samurai lad. Possibly because he has an evil sword.
Toshiro Mifune pops up as head of a sword school.

Wall-Street-2.jpg

Watched this for the first time. Great film that I'm shocked I'd never seen before now. Darryl Hannah doesn't do it for me at all though. I absolutely love the eighties-ness/Badalamenti-ness of the soundtrack while the silhouetted love-making scene is going on.

Watched this for the first time. Great film that I'm shocked I'd never seen before now. Darryl Hannah doesn't do it for me at all though. I absolutely love the eighties-ness/Badalamenti-ness of the soundtrack while the silhouetted love-making scene is going on.

Love that film and the use of Talking Heads on the soundtrack. Agreed on Darryl Hannah same goes for Laura Derne for me... they are kind of interchange in my head.

I saw Buried. I would say better watched at home, in the dark and with a big screen to get the full effect. Kind of distracting when someone is munching on popcorn next to you and you can see fire exits illuminated. It was only okay. Knew how it was going to end about 15 minutes in because it reminded me of Hitchcock.

The American Friend

AmericanFriendPoster.jpg

Bruno Ganz and Dennis Hopper play the most likeable film noir charachters maybe ever ? Very stylish with moments of genuine tension, It's Hopper and Ganz that make the film succeed, their scenes together float along nicely and add a real humanity to the enevitable anguish which the genre demands. The plot is flimsy to say the least and the "bad guys" aren't exactly shit your pants fear enducing I suppose sometimes in thrillers/noir a little believability has to be removed from certain charachters to make them work here the evil genius behind it all is polite but not mallevolant mannered but not socipathic and doesn't seem evil or genius enough. So certain scenes fall a little flat. Still excellent though.
i downloaded this ages ago but never got around to it. might watch it this week

2qmgs95.jpg

Ninjas projectile vomiting acid, decapitations and geysers of blood, brief appearance from Sonny Chiba. Ridiculous, the good kind of ridiculous.

sonnychibaexecutioner.jpg

Sonny Chiba doesn't actually execute anyone per se, but he does do a whole bunch of fighting and pulling faces. Flashbacks of his grandfather training him to be a ninja at the start, making a big deal of how to escape from being tied up, but he never gets tied up. There's also a whole karate school making hissing sounds.

midnight-meat-postsm.jpg

This is Ryuhei Kitamura's apology for that crock of shit Azumi, this is more like a crock of good shit, or a crock of the shit. Vinne Jones in the role he was born for, playing a butcher mainly looking angry and hitting people with a meat tenderiser, and only one word out of him in the whole film. Very much like his Wimbledon career. Bradley Cooper as a photographer who encounters and stalks him, which obviously will not end well.
Also, all the trains they get are around 2am, so it should really be called the Shortly After 2AM Meat Train.

the%20road%205.jpg

I preferred the book, partly because it's presumably meant to be a parable. The world as presented in the film makes no sense. The landscapes and cinematography are great though.

14-blades-movie-poster.jpg

In which Donnie Yen carries around a big box with the said 14 blades, is head of old time China's black ops unit and gets betrayed by some miscreants working for Sammo Hung. There's a lot of wire-work in this, but it's not excessively floaty. Good solid action in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back