What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

I watched Hunger last night. A few good bits in it, tasty morsels if you like, but overall I thought it was too austere, detached and too interested in being artsy or gothic as opposed to being compelling. It's probably a masterpiece.

Re. Primer - I watched that before the crimbo. Agree with most of the above comments. Some great ideas and a very well judged atmosphere but ultimately let down by the ridiculous plot. In no way should this movie have been in a top 20 of the decade list. The guy from the Iwish Times left out City of God and included this and the tedious Team America. Funk that!

Well, I was watching Defamation on More4's True Stories, but Sky+ cut off the last half hour for some reason. It was getting very very interesting too.

Anyone know where else I might see it?

tale_of_despereaux_ver2.jpg

Looks : amazing
Is : Shiiiiiiittttteeeeee

away-days-poster.jpg

Slightly different from the usual firm films but still a bit muddled...Excellent performance from the 2 leads (especially Liam Boyle) and some nice support from the always excellent Stephen Graham...

Absolutely great Sound track too..

away-days-poster.jpg

Slightly different from the usual firm films but still a bit muddled...Excellent performance from the 2 leads (especially Liam Boyle) and some nice support from the always excellent Stephen Graham...

Absolutely great Sound track too..

I'm sure it's great n' all but I just can't explain to you how much I loathe everything about football hooligans.

That is all.

pandorum.jpg

QUALITY.Thoroughly enjoyable and the sound in it is huge!

fantastic_mr_fox1.jpg

Another quality movie.I'm a Wes anderson fan anyway,but this rocks.

Bit of both really. It does have an actual coherent narrative flow, it's not just a piss take thing. It's kind of like what Shoot Em Up is to ridiculous action films.

whatever-works-poster.jpg

Imagine every single cliche about Woody Allen movies and then turn it into an actual Woody Allen film. Jesus this was dire. Don't let the funny first 10 minutes fool you, it turns awful. Seemingly it was written 30 years ago and left by the studio as even they were dodgy about it then...

Carry_on.jpg

- The last great Carry On.
- Practically all the regulars in a "Brits on cheap package holiday" plot.
- Wonderful dialogue and some hilarious lines
- Decent stereotyping
- June Whitfield looking great at 47.
- Joan Sims, a legend as always
- Charles Hawtrey's last. Boozed-up mummy's boy.
- Heartwarming "lock-in" final scene. Remember them this way.
- Gail Grainger - whatever became of her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back