What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

91814870110667493668.jpeg

grim....

milk was a bit camp all right
i don't want to watch films about shoes or bitches either

Oh I said nothing about "chick flicks" they're in-defendable insults to intelligent women everywhere. I can forgive a good "One Womans Struggle" film now and again so long as it doesn't have a male charicature wife abusing alcoholic in it. I prefer the ones where the daughter in the suburban middle class home goes off the rails during here last year of high school, runs away and becomes a prostitue/Drug Addict/Clown/Republican/Dead and the mother struggles against all odds to save her/get justice. It's the female equivalent of Seagal.

Oh I said nothing about "chick flicks" they're in-defendable insults to intelligent women everywhere. I can forgive a good "One Womans Struggle" film now and again so long as it doesn't have a male charicature wife abusing alcoholic in it. I prefer the ones where the daughter in the suburban middle class home goes off the rails during here last year of high school, runs away and becomes a prostitue/Drug Addict/Clown/Republican/Dead and the mother struggles against all odds to save her/get justice. It's the female equivalent of Seagal.

True.

Primer - notoriously complicated low-budget indie science-fiction thing from 2004 in which two engineers accidentally build a time-travel machine while working on projects in their garage.. I didn't think it was worth the headache, to be honest. Good science fiction movies usually use the scientific premise as a platform for human drama, exploring ethical issues etc but this seemed to be totally focused on the mechanics of them making the discovery and using the device (i.e. loads of incomprehensible techno-babble, various scenes in bland office-park storage facilities and hotels), with the dramatic consequences squeezed into 15 or 20 minutes rushed scenes at the end in an unsatisfying way.

Primer - notoriously complicated low-budget indie science-fiction thing from 2004 in which two engineers accidentally build a time-travel machine while working on projects in their garage.. I didn't think it was worth the headache, to be honest. Good science fiction movies usually use the scientific premise as a platform for human drama, exploring ethical issues etc but this seemed to be totally focused on the mechanics of them making the discovery and using the device (i.e. loads of incomprehensible techno-babble, various scenes in bland office-park storage facilities and hotels), with the dramatic consequences squeezed into 15 or 20 minutes rushed scenes at the end in an unsatisfying way.

I fucking love Primer. You'd love Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel

I fucking love Primer. You'd love Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel

I can see how it would be interesting as a puzzle or a mental challenge (I probably spent longer than it took to watch the film reading the various theories and diagrams which try to explain the plot), just thought that the structure of the film meant that the various revelations at the end were given far too little time and didn't have nearly enough impact to justify all the buildup you've to sit through. I suppose you can excuse some of the problems given that it was a first-time filmmaker working on a miniscule budget.. wonder if he's done anything else since then.

Agreed, Major third act problems. I let much of the Techno Babble wash over me because I was never going to follow it any way, but I did love the "Anywhere ,therefore, Everywhere" industrial suburb setting though. I thought this anchored the time travel asspect a little bit because those places are so unpopulated and disconnected. They're like suburban purgatory, eternal unchanged blandness. Perfect place for time travel.

You kill me - can anyone explain to me why ben kingsley was acting like stallone. What was with the slur? Other than that, it was badly paced, the girlfriend character made no sense, and the whole thing felt badly made.

away-days-poster.jpg

I absolutely adore Liam Boyle in this. And the soundtrack is fucking ace too. Plus Stephen Graham is always absolutely deadly. Enjoyment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back