What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

observe_and_report_ver2.jpg

Absolute shit.
Dreadful sneery unfunny misanthropic rubbish.

I avoided it for these reasons.

There's a Danny McBride movie, The Foot Fist Way along the same lines, that I found to be unwatchable.

I avoided it for these reasons.

There's a Danny McBride movie, The Foot Fist Way along the same lines, that I found to be unwatchable.

I thought the exact same thing, it reminded me of the Foot Fist Way. How can a writer/director expect someone to spend an couple of hours with characters that writer/director doesn't even like?

Mesrine: Killer Instinct. Very entertaining, similar concept to that Public Enemies film but with hand grenades and good acting. I'm looking forward to seeing the second installment, something tells me it will be the two-part criminal biopic of the year.

Went to see Coco before Chanel last week in the Lighthouse. Impressed by the lighthouse although it's a shame that there aren't more nice pubs and restaurants nearby.

I know what you mean. I almost had a Subway, but settled for a panini from Fresh instead. The Cobblestone is down the road I suppose.

I couldn't get over how vast the Lighthouse is. Like walking around a modern university campus. They could open a nice bar/ restaurant in there.

I saw three films in three days

1. Mesrine - fantastic, but violent
2. Sin Nombre - excellent, but violent
3. Inglorious basterds - very silly and entertaining, but violent

All this violence is getting me down.

inglourious_basterds01.jpg

My expectations were very low on this, but I did enjoy it.
I'm not sure he gets the tone right. Hops around a bit from Sergio Leone to 'Allo 'Allo to torture-com and is quite silly at times.
But there is plenty to like and it didn't feel like 2 1/2 hours.

Agree with that pretty much

The HUGE taking liberties with historical events thing had me a bit shaken for the last ten minutes or so but that's because I'm a pedantic arsehole.

Loved the western style soundtrack and Landa is the best cartoon Nazi in ages

Saw Best in Class for the first time the other night.
Great flick.

"Peanut. Cashew New. Macadamia Nut. Pine Nut.
That's the name of the town, too, you know."

And that crazy couple from the West Coast. Compulsory couples counselling viewing, I would have thought.

Saw Best in Class for the first time the other night.
Great flick.

"Peanut. Cashew New. Macadamia Nut. Pine Nut.
That's the name of the town, too, you know."

And that crazy couple from the West Coast. Compulsory couples counselling viewing, I would have thought.

Best In Show !

inglourious_basterds01.jpg

My expectations were very low on this, but I did enjoy it.
I'm not sure he gets the tone right. Hops around a bit from Sergio Leone to 'Allo 'Allo to torture-com and is quite silly at times.
But there is plenty to like and it didn't feel like 2 1/2 hours.

I enjoyed it, more than I did the Kill Bill films and I haven't seen Death Proof so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's the best film he's made since Jackie Brown which personally I think is great though I know a lot people don't. It's very much a live action comic book story.

The Jew Hunter is possibly the most fun character QT has ever written, every scene that he was in is fantastic, particularly Chapter 1. As for Pitt, well I spent the film switching between either being annoyed at his character or thinking that actually he's quite cartoonishly fun which is the opinion that I ultimately settled on.

Did Mike Myers get all his ideas for his character by watching David Mitchell in Peep Show?

Also, French dames, I've gotta get me one of them. Yowza.

The twist that the film is set in an alternate timeline/reality/whatever worked really well. I'd assume that Hitler/Goebels et. al. were going to get away so when they didn't I found myself very surprised.

charliebartlett.jpg

Like a cross between the Ferris Bueller TV show and Harold & Maude. It wasn't bad. That Anton Yelchin can act, and Robert Downey Jr playing a character talking about recovering from substance abuse was a nice touch.

charliebartlett.jpg

Like a cross between the Ferris Bueller TV show and Harold & Maude. It wasn't bad. That Anton Yelchin can act, and Robert Downey Jr playing a character talking about recovering from substance abuse was a nice touch.

imho it's a very misunderstood film but I'm not in the mood to fight about it anymore. I can settle for everyone is thick except me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back