What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

orphan.jpg

Anyone else like this?

Mirrormask_DVD_1185481897.jpg

meh. It was alright, a bit boring. It kind of felt like a really long episode of Knightmare. There's always too much going on in Dave Mckean's art for me

heads up

MESRINE: PUBLIC ENEMY NO.1
MEMBERS' PREVIEW
Sunday 16th August, 10.30am

AS IF HE WAS MERELY WARMING UP IN THE FIRST HALF (KILLER INSTINCT), VINCENT CASSEL PUTS ON THE POUNDS AND DONS MYRIAD DISGUISES IN THIS CÉSAR-WINNING PERFORMANCE AS THE SELF-MYTHOLOGISING SUPERCROOK MESRINE, WHO CUT A SWATHE THROUGH THE HEADLINES IN 1970’s FRANCE AS PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1.

It’s a performance to rank with De Niro in his prime, and it grounds the story as Mesrine’s elusive exploits continue to leave us gasping in their wake. Cannily, director Jean-François Richet shot much of this section first, allowing the bulked-up Cassel to shed his impressive gut for the character’s slimmer younger days, while this time the star’s chief playmates include a spry Mathieu Amalric as an understandably wary fellow fugitive, and Ludivine Sagnier as the seductive moll who’ll learn the hard way that the jewelled baubles which come with the territory do so at a heavy price.

Since the preceding Killer Instinct has already forewarned us to expect extremes of spontaneous daring and chastening cold steel from the man, the focus here shifts to Mesrine’s need to keep sustaining his flamboyant reputation with yet more snook-cocking illegality — and the quite possibly deluded sense that he was making a political statement in the process. Neither of the films judges their protagonist, though here the timing is especially deft. Just when we’re about to fall for Mesrine’s intoxicating bluster, we see him perpetrating another act beyond the pale of acceptability. With its adrenalin-charged action and freewheeling sense of transgression, this is certainly no heavyweight rumination on moral responsibility, but neither is it some facile hagiography.

MESRINE: PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1 opens at the IFI on Friday 28th August
MESRINE: KILLER INSTINCT is currently screening at the IFI [more]

We have a pair of tickets to a preview screening at the IFI this SUNDAY 16th AUGUST, 10.30AM to give away to the first 100 members to click [here]
http://www.irishfilm.ie/fshot_comp_13082009.asp

I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it, it's a lot better then the usual scary kid horror films that come out theses days and some parts were really funny. I knew that there was a big twist but all my guesses through the film were way off !!

orphan

nasty little bitch, i saw this yesterday

the creepiest bit was when she

dolled herself up in the makeup and frock and started cracking on to the dad on the couch before we found out she was 33

overall it was ok

wings_of_desire.jpg

Beautiful. I think I'm going to watch it again very soon.

edit:

Also watched this a week or two ago and really enjoyed it.

let_the_right_one_in_poster.jpg

I still heart serenity

anyway

Adamposter09.jpg

totally contrived, unbelievably good looking guy with aspergers meets unbelievably good looking girl who is single for some reason. Stuff happens.

Despite all that I totally loved it.

Wemt to see Coco before Chanel last week in the Lighthouse. Impressed by the lighthouse although it's a shame that there aren't more nice pubs and restaurants nearby.

The film was an enjoyable romantic thing - to be honest they could have just told it as a story without any reference to Chanel, as the attempts to link-in her later success as a designer were the clumsiest parts of the film. Like a lot of french films I see: very enjoyable to watch but fades from memory quickly afterwards.

informersposter.jpg

not very good. slick but boring. it was played dead straight too, as if the director didn't get ellis' style of humour. having said that, it's definitely worth watching for amber heard's performance, my new favourite horn, who spends most of the movie unclothed. go amber

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back