What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

ah no

maher: "you're a fucking idiot!"

dawkins: "you're an idiot. here's why."

I sort of feel that they are both righteous sanctimonious zealots.

Dawkins though was smart enough to read Hamilton's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._D._Hamilton PhD thesis and realise he could make his career out of popularising his ideas amongst the general public.

Fair play to Dawkins for teaching Hamilton's ideas, but how many of yis though the Selfish Gene was Dawkin's idea? Quite a lot I'd say.
How many of you had even heard of Hamilton?
As a scientist Dawkins does not matter. His books are cute though.

Maher on the other hand wouldn't understand a scientific idea unless it was presented to him is an animated series with fluffy bunny rabbits and kittens. He just gets something into his head, for whatever reason, and starts shouting about it.
He's basically Bill O'Reilly.

I watched this last night:

73024486.jpg

It is, of course, fucking amazing.

Juno

now I know what is responsible for all those ads that feature women singing like little girls

didn't like it at all, trying too hard to be "cool", awful music, unrealistic dialogue

Over the weekend:

Slumdog-Millionaire-001.jpg

Good stuff, featuring one of the most beatiful women i've ever seen on a cinema screen.

Role models
mentor.jpg

Good laugh. Unlike alot of recent american comedies, it didn't contain endless 'funny' improv scenes and little story. Tight, entertaining and fun.

Poltergeist-2-the-other-side.jpg

Freaky boney old dude aside, it's pretty reverse-scary, but good fun. The last ten minutes are set in the Neverending story world though, and are fucking garbage.

Saw Slumdog Millionaire at the weekend. Good movie. Not the best movie ever made though. (I am pretty sure the movie reviewer on Marianne Finucane on Sunday morning was orgasming as he reviewed it.)

Saw Slumdog Millionaire at the weekend. Good movie. Not the best movie ever made though. (I am pretty sure the movie reviewer on Marianne Finucane on Sunday morning was orgasming as he reviewed it.)

It wasn't a bad movie but didn't deserve all the Golden Globes it won.
The claim that "Destiny" is a real thing that controls our lives pissed me off.

They may as well have said that Holy Jesus came down & gave him the answers.

I watched Let The Right One In over the weekend. Fantastic stuff. Reminded me a little bit of Martin (1977 movie about adolescent vampire boy who is a bit misunderstood).

I watched The Bourne Identity recently - great stunts and story line but let down by the plank. Watched Blades of Glory also. Not great it must be said.

It wasn't a bad movie but didn't deserve all the Golden Globes it won.
The claim that "Destiny" is a real thing that controls our lives pissed me off.

They may as well have said that Holy Jesus came down & gave him the answers.

I don't know that they were claiming anything of the sort.
It's a feature, not a documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back