What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

Religulous. For the day that's in it, like.

Quality stuff.

Just finished that there. Maher is just a gigantic walking asshole isn't he? He was just sniggering and making snide remarks to everyone insted of just talking straight. I agree with his viewpoint but not his methods.

It's also a very very poorly made documentary, the amount of jump cuts and edits in most of the interviews is nauseating, the dead air deliberatly left in at the end of most of them is just plain cynical. The fact that he himself wrote and produced it and then tries to make it look like he's being observed by the camera crew and are seperate from them (like when they're asking him different questions while travelling) is just plain dishonest.

Though it's Bill Maher, what the hell else would you expect.

Just finished that there. Maher is just a gigantic walking asshole isn't he? He was just sniggering and making snide remarks to everyone insted of just talking straight. I agree with his viewpoint but not his methods.

It's also a very very poorly made documentary, the amount of jump cuts and edits in most of the interviews is nauseating, the dead air deliberatly left in at the end of most of them is just plain cynical. The fact that he himself wrote and produced it and then tries to make it look like he's being observed by the camera crew and are seperate from them (like when they're asking him different questions while travelling) is just plain dishonest.

Though it's Bill Maher, what the hell else would you expect.

if i didn't agree with him i'd probably be more critical, but i thought it was great - sometimes, pointing and laughing really is the best option.

So good
JawsZolly4.jpg

Same as Richard Dawkins. Another asshole shooting fish in a barrel.

I watched 'Let the right one in' which I downloaded after someone reccomended it on Eirecore. Jaysis it was great.

The Mist, thought it was a really good flick but the shit ending ruined it, not so much what happened at the end but more the rushed way it was presented.

i think that makes the ending. if it'd had been properly built up you wouldnt be so surprised by it. its supposed to leave you reeling.

watched han cock which it was a load of.
pineapple express which was amazing. im heading over to the pineapple express thread to shut some people up.
ET the 20th anniversary edition. im so glad they went and fixed all those annoying problems with the original. they should do that with every film made before 1991 and the birth of cgi.

I watched Religulous last night.Thought it was great but Maher layed it on a bit thick.Specially at the end.
Also drunkenly watched 10000bc.Was hilarious.

1) Oskar asks Eli to be his girlfriend and she answers "I'm not a girl" which some people took to be that 'I'm not human' but it really means that he's not a girl, he's a boy.
2) When Oskar gives Eli the dress to put on and sneaks a look you see a horizontal scar which is the result of a semi botched sex change years back

:)

Indeed.Very well spotted.

You're some nerd.:)

Indeed.Very well spotted.

You're some nerd.:)

Actually, I can get even nerdier..

In the book, Eli is both male & female. No separation. The author refers to Eli as he/she/it at different occasions. I think the film left it at that Eli is a guy and didn't try to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back