What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

it is definitely one very unconventional western, probably the most character driven of the genre (not that i have seen every western mind)

i'd say you'd totally dig this...

hiredhand180l.jpg

watched this last night:

poster_crash_movie.jpg

absolute horseshit. every single scene is "dealing with racism". the acting is as sludge as the role call would suggest (fraser, bullock etc.) in the first half hour every single scene contains the word black. most dialogue is characters reminding people what colour they are.

race relations are much better dealt with in this...

200px-I'm_Gonna_Git_You_Sucka_film.jpg

Blades of Glory 7/10
Talladega Nights 7.1/10

Big fan of Will Ferrell but while these films had their moments they are a bit too samey as previous films.......Talladega nights just pips it because of the support of Gary Cole as his father.

I watched Lars & The Real Girl but it was today, not last night.
Loved it.
I nearly cried. People aren't as nice in real life.

Someone was telling me about this the other day, and I was all :eek:, and then I read a review of it and realised that it's a pretty ballsy idea. It's one of those ideas that has a 99% chance of being utter shite, but if it's good, it's gonna be really good. Might have to give it a chance.

Watched Mississippi Burning on the telly last night. Hadn't seen it in years -- fucking excellent altogether, not a weak moment, and not a weak line of dialogue. Could take or leave the lines from Willem Dafoe at the end, but I'm glad they took the risk of going over the boundary into a-little-too-didactic, so they're forgiveable.

watched Eastern Promises last night. pretty fucking shit. supposedly the plot twist is huge and unexpected but it was so predictable i was left wondering did i miss the real twist. naomi nipples watts and aragorn are ordinary enough.

Watched Chasing Amy last night. I've met people from New Jersey; I've met smart, funny articulate people from New Jersey. They don't talk like that.

Friend was over this afternoon so we watched The Fearless Freaks, hadn't watched it in some time. The heroin scene is still creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back