What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

watched this last night:

poster_crash_movie.jpg

absolute horseshit. every single scene is "dealing with racism". the acting is as sludge as the role call would suggest (fraser, bullock etc.) in the first half hour every single scene contains the word black. most dialogue is characters reminding people what colour they are. ludacris is the most annoying character in a film ever. can't believe this took best film oscar a few years ago. and the final scene with the girl and her father.........fucking ridiculous.

i still hold it as one of the worst films i have ever seen! top 3 at least

Mitchum, I ws thinking about your funny haircut man as a symbol of a twisted sort of morality post.

The impression I got from his first scene was that by winning the coin toss the gas station fella won his life. But in Jones' first scene he says that he'd been murdered. Does that not negate your position somewhat?

Mitchum, I ws thinking about your funny haircut man as a symbol of a twisted sort of morality post.

The impression I got from his first scene was that by winning the coin toss the gas station fella won his life. But in Jones' first scene he says that he'd been murdered. Does that not negate your position somewhat?

Er, no. 'He has his principles'.

Aren't the two 'linear' murders he mentions, the deputy on the station floor and the guy he took the LTD from?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've read the book and seen the movie more than once and I just don't recall any indication of the gas station guy being dead.

I'll defer to you then. I may have misheard what was being said. I might have missed the deputy part and when I heard "station floor" have taken it to mean the petrol station.

Aren't the two 'linear' murders he mentions, the deputy on the station floor and the guy he took the LTD from?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've read the book and seen the movie more than once and I just don't recall any indication of the gas station guy being dead.

Yeah I didn't think he killed the old-timer in the gas station either.
I love that scene btw. I just wanted to applaud the writing. A masterclass in racking up the tension.

"The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford" cant quite make up my mind about it great performances by Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck and a stirring score by Warren Ellis and Nick Cave.

"The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford" cant quite make up my mind about it great performances by Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck and a stirring score by Warren Ellis and Nick Cave.

It's a slow burner - I wasn't overly impressed leaving the cinema (except for the cinematography and some of the sets/cityscapes) but I'm dying to see it again.

i absolutely adored that movie. one of Yurn!s best from the last year. and what a good year it was...TWWB, NCFOM & TAOJJBTCRF!!!

say it with me...TAOJJBTCRF!!!!

It's a slow burner - I wasn't overly impressed leaving the cinema (except for the cinematography and some of the sets/cityscapes) but I'm dying to see it again.

bought the very bare bones region 1 edition, should have held out for the region 2 (2 disc edition) will definitely watch it again soon, im sure my appreciation for it will grow. it is definitely one very unconventional western, probably the most character driven of the genre (not that i have seen every western mind)

also watched "Profondo Rosso" which has some very ropey acting, ill suiting music cues by the mighty Goblin, and a few imaginative killings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back