What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Ninth_configuration.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninth_Configuration

Always great

great movie

and i love the link between the astronaut in The Exorcist..
there's also some dialogue in it that's taken directly from the novel

"Blatty once referred to The Ninth Configuration as the true sequel to The Exorcist and has stated that he intended the character of Captain Cutshaw to be the same astronaut that a sleepwalking Regan in The Exorcist warns, "You're going to die up there." In Configuration, Cutshaw mentions a fear of dying in space that is almost certainly a reference to Regan's line in the previous film. However, the characters were played by different actors and the astronaut in The Exorcist is not named by the credits."

great movie

and i love the link between the astronaut in The Exorcist..
there's also some dialogue in it that's taken directly from the novel

"Blatty once referred to The Ninth Configuration as the true sequel to The Exorcist and has stated that he intended the character of Captain Cutshaw to be the same astronaut that a sleepwalking Regan in The Exorcist warns, "You're going to die up there." In Configuration, Cutshaw mentions a fear of dying in space that is almost certainly a reference to Regan's line in the previous film. However, the characters were played by different actors and the astronaut in The Exorcist is not named by the credits."
Yeah, such a weird movie though...I wonder how was this marketed back in the days or did they even try. The opening scene with the cheesy ballad and shadowy lamentation looking out the window staring down at the floor is so stupid it's great.

this was great
AllthePresidentsMen.jpg

Hard to remember that dustin hoffman was once a sex symbol - great film though.

I watched this last night.

michael_clayton_ver2.jpg

what a pile of dogswank

You could see all of the boxes it was trying hard to tick

Adult thriller - check
Flawed Central character - check
Moody & atmospheric - check
Minimalist music - check

It was like Syriana only shit.

michael_clayton_ver2.jpg

what a pile of dogswank

You could see all of the boxes it was trying hard to tick

Adult thriller - check
Flawed Central character - check
Moody & atmospheric - check
Minimalist music - check

It was like Syriana only shit.

it was like an unimaginably shit film, only shitter.

did you SEE tilda swinton at the baftas last night?

WASHED. UP.

George Clooney has been in loads of really shit films but normally he doesn't take it seriously and charms his way through with a "I'm just earning a cheque" gleam in his eye.

What made this really terrible (actually worse than it should have been) is how earnest it was and how they all to is so so seriously.

Actully they spend the whole time telling us about how George is this great fixer -a miracle worker - they never show us any of this - they just repeat it like a fucking mantra and expect the viewer to accept it.

At the same time he's the softest one of all of them and is the film's conscience.

Sa[SIZE=-1]
rdine?​
[/SIZE]

i dont know why this keeps happening. :confused:

did you SEE tilda swinton at the baftas last night?

WASHED. UP.

that was total cunt. that lil Irish one deserved it SO much more than that creepy, beady eyed, no-eyebrow face, wearing-a-costume-from-David-Lynch's-Dune slag.

i dont know why this keeps happening. :confused:

that was total cunt. that lil Irish one deserved it SO much more than that creepy, beady eyed, no-eyebrow face, wearing-a-costume-from-David-Lynch's-Dune slag.

Sorry, if you're talking about yer wan from Atonement, then you're talking shite.

And Tilda Swinton all washed up because of how she LOOKED?

Give me fucking strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back