What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

i have thought about The Bridge all day, weighing up what i 'liked' about it against what I didnt. So far the cons are outweighing the pros.
it has made me feel extremely uneasy and kind of sick since watching it.....i felt that the film had an excellent opportunity to try and deter people from suicide - and the closing (and sickeningly powerful) final scene only served to romanticise the idea further which i really didnt like.
there was no real talk of prevention, save the occasional eyewitness account, no mention of the barrier proposals, none of that.

you get a better 'documentary' experience from reading Tad Friend's original Jumpers article.

this film feels more and more to me like Eric Steel's movie, starring desperately tragic actors, unaware of the role they are playing in his little project.

- getting back to the article, i found it very well-written, extremely informative, and sensible. this film is not sensible - particularly when you can sense the cameraman's excitement as he grapples with the zoom on the camera because finally one of those people walking the bridge has decided to jump.
that aspect of it really cheapened the whole thing.

anyway for those of you who feel you can stomach it, and dont want to buy the dvd, it's on tv links in the Documantary section.

sweet lincon's mullet!!!
p-man2.jpg

Anchormanwakeupdvd.jpg

Apocolyptico. Deeeeeeeeeeadly.

The Fountain. Meh. Visuals were great but it had the same problem as The Prestige did for me - I just don't believe Hugh Jackman doing drama - he'll always be a wise cracking australian to me.

B00005JLHI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Very enjoyable and darkly funny film with some cracking dialogue.

"I feel like I'm drowning in assholes"

It also made me lament the lack of good Goldblum films these days.

yeah. i definitely felt it was more of a 'smart' comedy. dont get me wrong, i loved anchorman, but sometimes that goon stuff gets old. the reason i liked this was because the script was airtight and very cutting when it wanted to be, and the two leads were very likeable :)

Last night I watched Clerks 2 on DVd. My god it was awful - Kevin Smith dialogue just makes me cringe - and not in a funny 'the U.S. Office' kinda way. I must have used the phrase 'suck ass movie' a coupla dozen times. To my knowledge I have never uttered that phrase before last night.

yeah. i definitely felt it was more of a 'smart' comedy. dont get me wrong, i loved anchorman, but sometimes that goon stuff gets old. the reason i liked this was because the script was airtight and very cutting when it wanted to be, and the two leads were very likeable :)
I dunno if i'd referr to a film where about 50% of the lines end with "my/your/his/her/their balls in your mouth" as "smart", but the female character was very well written which is pretty much never the case in these films.
Last night I watched Clerks 2 on DVd. My god it was awful - Kevin Smith dialogue just makes me cringe - and not in a funny 'the U.S. Office' kinda way. I must have used the phrase 'suck ass movie' a coupla dozen times. To my knowledge I have never uttered that phrase before last night.
Great film.

I watched Happiness again because it was on the telly. I always remember that it's funny, but Ikeep forgetting how fucking funny it is.

Vlad the russian cabbie/thief and the paedo's "walk in the park dream" are so funny they nearly ruined my ex's lovely handmade throwover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back