What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

i'm a cyborg, but that's okay. funny, sad and beautiful. a nice surprise from park chan-wook.

park-cyborg-170r.jpg

Park Chan-Wook in non grisly action movie shock. Actually, this sounds great!

I watched Them tonight. Bleedin deadly film!!

The Bridge: Deadly. Depressing but deadly.

Copland: Hadn't seen it in ages and didn't remember any of it. Great movie, amazing cast, though found De Niro kind of disapointing, there was a lot of rupert pupkin about his performance. Liotta and Kietel more than made up for it.

Long day yesterday. Let's see......

Overnight. Still awesome, but the more you watch it, the more you realise how much of a hatchet job it was.

Reign Over Me: Deadly. Sandler really can act when he wants to and Cheadle is a legend. Liv Tyler's looking a bit puffy though.

Hills Have Eyes 2: Shite. Too many running around scenes, not enough extended attack/torture scenes.

Hollywoodland: Enjoyable but a bit longer than it could have been and not as smart as it thought it was. And affleck is shite, they shoulda cast Dean Cain instead, although it might have been too ironic, what with the superman angle.

watched knocked up last night. really liked it. good believable characters and some very funny moments.
meet the robinsons this morning. good family film. not my fave type of animation but the story was decent.

Just watched The Long Good Friday. Was good, although the accents got on my wick a bit, and me trampet kept gain orf!

Forgot, yesterday i also watched Deliver Us From Evil. Fucked up. Insane shit in there about he pope, and it's much fucked up that that Oliver O'Grady's walking around ireland unaccounted for, or "roaming free" as they put it. I'd say the guy definitely suffered from some kind of disassociative condition, judging by the matter of fact way in which he stated how he'd abused the kids, no remorse whatsoever. The bit about inviting his victims to meet up for closure - in-say-no!

The Walker, new in the IFI with Woody Harrelson and Kristen Scott Thomas.

really enjoyable insight into the upper echolons of Washington DC society.very smart script.good performances, with excellent support cast with Lily Tomlin and Lauren Bacall.it could be argued that it's not that far removed from a Grisham-type thriller but has far more wit and none of the cheese.

saw licensed to wed on saturday night..not as bad as id expected..plus john krasinski = yum..

saw hairspray yesterday..was alright but cant really be compared to the original...john travolta sounds like dr. evil though which drove me up the wall...

but im just so glad to be back in civilisation that i dont care what i see..jsut the luxury of being in the cinema is enough:)

dial M for murder. great movie. developing a healthy obsession with alfred hitchcocks stuff recently. nothing will beat rear window but

The Walker, new in the IFI with Woody Harrelson and Kristen Scott Thomas.

really enjoyable insight into the upper echolons of Washington DC society.very smart script.good performances, with excellent support cast with Lily Tomlin and Lauren Bacall.it could be argued that it's not that far removed from a Grisham-type thriller but has far more wit and none of the cheese.

Yeah it hooked me in too. Nice and ambiguous. Still it's Schrader's umpteenth film with a homosexual protagonist in a conflicted situation. Not as tense as American Gigolo but much better than the woeful Light Sleeper.

Yeah it hooked me in too. Nice and ambiguous. Still it's Schrader's umpteenth film with a homosexual protagonist in a conflicted situation. Not as tense as American Gigolo but much better than the woeful Light Sleeper.

haven't seen too many Schrader flicks.is he prolific? any recommendations?

aff_transylvania.jpg

very enjoyable feast for the eyes and ears (great music).

the plot answers none of the questions it raises and you perhaps feel you haven't figured out the characters fully by the end, but if you just go with it it is an excellent, frenzied road movie.

Watched The World's Fastest Indian the other night. I want to give Anthony Hopkins a really big hug.

I was all, "Is this like a sports movie or something?" and not wanting to see it.

And Mr Jane was all, "Aw, no, give it a chance." And I did and I really loved it. I usually hate anything that promises to be 'uplifting' because by 'uplift' they mean 'emotionally manipulate', but it wasn't like that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back