What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

Antonioni who directed it just died today.

Wasnt he the director who had a serious bust up with guitarist John Fahey over a soundtrack Fahey was working on for one of his films. I think blows were exchanged, or so legend has it.

Reign Over Me - Don Cheadle / Adam Sandler in SERIOUS MOVIE. This was deadly. There's a lot of Shadow of The Collossus in this.

I Heart Huckabees

Don't Look Back, though they overlapped.

Also was flicking between the The Premiership Years 96/97 and the end of Don't Look Back. Can't believe how badly Liverpool blew it that time.

Grand Theft Parsons - Pretty good, although "Moving On Up" by Primal Scream near the end nearly made me switch off in disgust.

[SIZE=-1]À [/SIZE]Bout De Souffle - I enjoyed this a lot... Jean Seberg was beautiful

jean_seberg_gallery_5.jpg

thebridge_l200608291654.jpg

very hard to watch. almost not really sure why I did - I guess it was morbid curiosity along with the controversy surrounding it. after roisin's thread on it i kinda forgot about it and then stumbled upon it on tv links.

it was well done - but it was intrusive, and the opening and closing scenes will be very very hard to forget. what can I say? It's very difficult to watch someone standing there, looking down - and then just summoning up the courage to take the leap. the film invites you into their despair by zooming in on them from afar. im not sure i liked that aspect of it.

it's pretty clear though, that once they let go - you can almost tell that they immediately regret their decision. tough to watch.

Blades of Glory - funnneeeeee

Fracture - pretty good, although anto hopkins' irish accent sort of appears and disappears throughout the movie.

broken english. with fay grim and now this, i am fully in love with parker posey. melvil poupaud was quite charming too. very nice movie. if you liked lost in translation click here.

dazed and confused. starting through the parker posey back catalog. i forgot the parallels between this and freaks and geeks. the fleck steals the show.

weekend at bernie's. it hasn't aged badly in 18 odd years. i don't think i have the stomach for the sequel though.

The lives of Others in the cinema the other day aaamaaazing film, makes me want to find lots of books and info on the Stasi.... suggestions most welcomed. I was having to do a lot of furious blinking to stop the tears streaming.

finally got around to this last night - superb film. it was very moving alright. apparently that actor who played the nice stasi guy died a week or two ago.

Behind The Mask. Was going to turn it off after twenty mins as the actors were annoying but i'm really glad i stayed with it, great subversion of the slasher movie genre. Definitely worth watching.

very hard to watch. almost not really sure why I did - I guess it was morbid curiosity along with the controversy surrounding it. after roisin's thread on it i kinda forgot about it and then stumbled upon it on tv links.

it was well done - but it was intrusive, and the opening and closing scenes will be very very hard to forget. what can I say? It's very difficult to watch someone standing there, looking down - and then just summoning up the courage to take the leap. the film invites you into their despair by zooming in on them from afar. im not sure i liked that aspect of it.

it's pretty clear though, that once they let go - you can almost tell that they immediately regret their decision. tough to watch.

I must try and see this.
Sounds pretty intrusive - but compelling.

Just watched it there.. Grim..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back