What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

watched mean girls for the gazillionth time..and hairspray to get myself excited about the remake coming out on friday...it was every bit as good as i remember..

Spiderman 3 and Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Dear God. Whatever happened?

Both piles of shite.

Spiddlerman was ruined by having too many bad guys, changing sides and first he fights one, then the other, then himself, then Mary Jane, then them all. As for that whole comedy Tobey-Maguire-As-Tony-Montana...what on earth were they thinking of? If that's animal magnetism in action, then get me some of those animal magnets.

FF4. FFS, more like. Was there a plot in there somewhere? Inconsistencies galore. I'm a big fan of the suspend-disbelief aspect of action movies (Whereas I'd want to see Die Hard 4 again, even though it was a bit disappointing - hey! Big Guns, Lots of Bullets....), but what was FF4 all about? Nothing happened.

Sheesh!

This weekend

Great.
Claire_knee_347_box_DVD.jpg

Amazingly brilliant as always.
If_movieposter.jpg

All over the place but compelling.
Secret_Honor_DVD_cover.jpg

Lurid!
idrinkyourblood.jpg

Mr. Jealousy. I have seen it many times but I finally bought it. I have an unhealthy crush on Chris Eigeman.

That's weird, I watched Mr. Jealousy last Tuesday. I too have an unhealthy man crush on Chris Eigeman (see avatar). One of the best misantrophes the American movies have ever given us. First saw him in 'Metropolitan', he was the funniest person I'd seen in an American film in a long while.

Last night I watched Luck with Luke Kirby as a hapless unlucky in love (he falls for Sarah Polley) guy who gets a taste for gambling and ends up thousands in debt and his future and welfare are depending upon Canada losing in a series of hockey games against Russia. Set in the early 70s. Hadn't seen it in years. A favourite.

Then Fingers, which was James Toback's first film with Harvey Keitel as a would be concert pianist. His reality is collecting debts for his loan shark father. Sound familiar? That's because it was remade as the far more superior 'The beat that my heart skipped'. I had been wanting to see this for ages. Wasn't all it was cracked up to be. And I just couldn't except the guy playing his dad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back