What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Closer was shit.

Watched half of 'Judgement at Nuremberg' on TCM last night. It was too depressing so I turned it off.

That's weird, I watched Mr. Jealousy last Tuesday. I too have an unhealthy man crush on Chris Eigeman (see avatar). One of the best misantrophes the American movies have ever given us. First saw him in 'Metropolitan', he was the funniest person I'd seen in an American film in a long while.

Metropolitan is a classic. The cha cha is no more ridiculous than life itself. If you have not seen Kicking and Screaming, I urge you to do so. Not the new soccer crap. It's from 1995. I am in love with Max Belmont. If I found that character in real life, I might finally consider marriage.

4 real. Closer is great.

It would have been better if they stuck to the original ending. I will admit I enjoyed the film, if only because they were absolutely horrible to one another, like most people are in real life. Clive Owen calling Julie Roberts a whore was uncomfortably great for a reason.

Metropolitan is a classic. The cha cha is no more ridiculous than life itself. If you have not seen Kicking and Screaming, I urge you to do so. Not the new soccer crap. It's from 1995. I am in love with Max Belmont. If I found that character in real life, I might finally consider marriage.

I hated Metropolitan when I saw it in the cinema. Rewatched it last year when Film Four showed it and found it pretty sharp and enjoyable.

Kicking and Screaming rocks. Must watch it again soon. There's a great short film on the DVD - Conrad and Butler Take A Vacation. 10 minutes. Nice. Think it's on you tube somewhere.

I hated Metropolitan when I saw it in the cinema. Rewatched it last year when Film Four showed it and found it pretty sharp and enjoyable.

Kicking and Screaming rocks. Must watch it again soon. There's a great short film on the DVD - Conrad and Butler Take A Vacation. 10 minutes. Nice. Think it's on you tube somewhere.

GBV and Kicking and Screaming. Can I please adopt you as my new best friend? We can start a book club since we're both fluent in Spanish!

Closer was shit.

I remember someone saying Closer was a great movie, but I think that's 'cos they were perving over that young wan from Star Wars's arse.

Closer was great. Probably cos it was so true to life.

Probably too true to life, though.

Which is why I can understand people don't like it.

Watch it again.

It speaketh the truth.

Diabolique.jpg

'Thank you, thank you for your honesty. Now fuck off and die, you fucked up slag.'

Don't say it! Don't you fucking say you're too good for me. I am, but don't say it

Anyway last night I watched this
53932-large.jpg

and this
mean_streets.jpg

I saw the trailer for Day Watch and it reminded me that I had a copy of Night Watch but still hadn't seen it. After I got over the initial confusion as to what was going on, I really got into it and enjoyed it.

I hadn't seen Mean Streets in about 10 years and saw it in HMV for a fiver so picked it up. Brilliant film and a blue print for anyone who wants to make a cheap and very effective debut film, it also confirms that Scorcese is the king of the tracking shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back